Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

What would everybody think of Big Picture if it was the top 7 clubs with Newcastle included?

Everyone is saying no to it, but the Saudi takeover shows most will ignore their moral conscience when it suits.

What would everybody think of Big Picture if it was the top 7 clubs with Newcastle included?

Everyone is saying no to it, but the Saudi takeover shows most will ignore their moral conscience when it suits.

No they aren't.

Yeah. We're not complaining about the set-up we're complaining that we're not part of it. This is the way of the world these days.

What rubbish, complete rubbish.

You can be a very 'top' club in the Premier league, without being part of the "Sky-invented 'Big' 6 or 'Big' 7. You can win the Premier League and still not sign up to join the Sleazy Six.

The whole Big Picture corruption STAINS the sport we have all loved.

Sadly "loved" (in the past) is the appropriate word for many of us now.

Why does Luke Edwards need a coping mechanism? He's a Leyton Orient fan. This take over affects him not one jot emotionally.

Because the whole thing needs to be about him.  The constant 24 hour delay before he posts his contrary opinion each time there's something newsworthy is evidence of that.

Two completely different situations

Saudi takeover will improve Newcastle immeasurably

The big picture power grab will destroy the English game

Yeah. We're not complaining about the set-up we're complaining that we're not part of it. This is the way of the world these days.

Not true.

Plenty of fans of the clubs who were included even spoke out about it.

My brains not working, can someone explain this ?

I think they are insinuating that Bird & Bird the legal firm the Premier League are using against us were involved with preventing the bankrupt club from claiming money that could save them.

The telegraph headline says they intend to make a bid and then in the article says they are likely to. It’s another piece of entirely invented journalism based on sweet f*** all

Can i ask what it would take for you at this point to believe the Saudis are still at the table ?

Maybe MBS riding down barrack road on a camel wielding his sword perhaps ?

Actually don’t answer these questions I fucking despair.

I was commentating on the article in the Telegraph which is just another entirely invented load of hogwash based on rumours, hearsay and the desperate ramblings of some hack who hasn't got a fucking clue what he is writing about. No problem with that, it's modern journalism, however that people believe it's the gospel truth that's the problem. I've no idea if the Saudi's are still interested in buying the club how would I, the last public comment they made was that they were out.

Why should it just be based on morality though?  I don't even understand how people could truly enjoy victory if they knew  its all rigged in there favour anyway.

Absolute bollocks.

No one I know who supports a "top 6" club was in favour of Big Picture.

Guess Sean knows best though :lol: :lol:

Absolute bollocks.

So my group of mates - 2 Liverpool fans, 1 Man City fan, 1 Rangers fan. Both Liverpool fans though Big Picture was fantastic. City and Rangers fans thought it was a pile of steaming wank.

Absolute bollocks.

So my group of mates - 2 Liverpool fans, 1 Man City fan, 1 Rangers fan. Both Liverpool fans though Big Picture was fantastic. City and Rangers fans thought it was a pile of steaming wank.

There will always be some.

The telegraph headline says they intend to make a bid and then in the article says they are likely to. It’s another piece of entirely invented journalism based on sweet f*** all

Can i ask what it would take for you at this point to believe the Saudis are still at the table ?

Maybe MBS riding down barrack road on a camel wielding his sword perhaps ?

Actually don’t answer these questions I f***ing despair.

I was commentating on the article in the Telegraph which is just another entirely invented load of hogwash based on rumours, hearsay and the desperate ramblings of some hack who hasn't got a f***ing clue what he is writing about. No problem with that, it's modern journalism, however that people believe it's the gospel truth that's the problem. I've no idea if the Saudi's are still interested in buying the club how would I, the last public comment they made was that they were out.

The said journalist Jason Burt actually broke the takeover story, he has credibility.

Absolute bollocks.

The Liverpool’s supporters group rejected it, along with with the supporter groups of the other teams, presumably with the overall backing of their members.

You’ll get fans who think it’s ok because it benefits them, largely possibly the armchair fans who don’t care about the overall consequences.

Absolute bollocks.

Nobody, the oracle.

Absolute bollocks.

Nobody, the oracle.

You were talking shite tbf :lol: