Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Ben Jacobs is stirring up our fans excitement needlessly for attention.

Please remember Bein Jacobs was fully in the Qatar camp until very recently when he saw the media profiles of ordinary folk sky rocket off the back of this. He's playing a very cute game, don't be sucked in by it.

[tweet]1363910767817465857[/tweet]?s=21

The bloke has a lifetime ban from the BBC tells you everything you need to know about Jacobs. A couple of podcasts later and he’s raising hopes and has fans giving him the attention he craves, personally wouldn’t trust one thing that bloke says.

Imagine if the takeover is announced next week

Belated valentines gift?

Please remember Bein Jacobs was fully in the Qatar camp until very recently when he saw the media profiles of ordinary folk sky rocket off the back of this. He's playing a very cute game, don't be sucked in by it.

:snod:

The bloke has a lifetime ban from the BBC tells you everything you need to know about Jacobs. A couple of podcasts later and he’s raising hopes and has fans giving him the attention he craves, personally wouldn’t trust one thing that bloke says.

Yep. Such a weirdo.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1251554/CHARLES-SALE-Official-BBC-report-bares-Ben-Jacobs-sabotage-saga.html

I dont trust Ben Jacobs one bit. I dont think he's got any inside information and most of what he says is conjecture, opinion and already released information.

He's blatantly seen an opportunity to raise his profile and he's going to wring it out until its dry.

I know it's a completely separate issue, but what happened to the outcome of Staveley's case against Barclays being 'imminent'?

Fully appreciate the word has lost all meaning with regards to our own takeover, but it's one that keeps cropping up. Am I missing something? Has the definition changed? "About to happen" says Google.

Are there actually loads of people out there who don't understand the term?!  :lol:

I know it's a completely separate issue, but what happened to the outcome of Staveley's case against Barclays being 'imminent'?

Fully appreciate the word has lost all meaning with regards to our own takeover, but it's one that keeps cropping up. Am I missing something? Has the definition changed? "About to happen" says Google.

Are there actually loads of people out there who don't understand the term?!  :lol:

The 'imminent' article was published on Friday, not like it was weeks ago...

It’s that desperate Whitley Mags Siamese twin Manorparks has performed his own surgery and fucked off.

It is ManorparK (singular) thanks very much!

Me and WM are not related actually, but one thing we do have in common is the fact that we are both totally correct in our understanding of what will be the outcome of this Takeover.

My advice to all the 'waverers' is to just . . . . W A I T  :snod:

Why was he banned from the BBC?

Edit - just saw the daily mail article. Bizarre  :lol:

The 'imminent' article was published on Friday, not like it was weeks ago...

And two working days have since passed. Not what what I'd call 'imminently'.

It’s that desperate Whitley Mags Siamese twin Manorparks has performed his own surgery and f***ed off.

Me and WM are not related actually, but one thing we do have in common is the fact that we are both totally correct in our understanding of what will be the outcome of this Takeover.

People should seriously hope we are correct, because the alternative doesn’t bare thinking about. Even if we stay up the noises already are that there’ll be no money to spend, and that’s the best case scenario.

Should we get relegated you can bet your life Bruce will not be paid off, and will get the job to bring us back up. I’d even predict should the mackems come up, they’d spend more than us and probably with momentum of promotion have a better season.

In either scenario that won’t be a club I’ll be supporting any longer. Luckily my view is Ashley has already abandoned ship and we’ll have our club back soon. The only question is which division that’ll be in.

I find it very difficult to stop believing that there will be a takeover soon.  The reason for that is that I'm desperate for just a glimmer of hope. When I stop letting my heart rule my head I see a different picture.  If there really was a takeover in the offing then I would expect Ashley and the potential new owners to come together to protect  the investment. They would have ditched Bruce and brought in the man who would be the new manager. Neither party would have allowed the situation to become as desperate as it is now and risk relegation.

I find it very difficult to stop believing that there will be a takeover soon.  The reason for that is that I'm desperate for just a glimmer of hope. When I stop letting my heart rule my head I see a different picture.  If there really was a takeover in the offing then I would expect Ashley and the potential new owners to come together to protect  the investment. They would have ditched Bruce and brought in the man who would be the new manager. Neither party would have allowed the situation to become as desperate as it is now and risk relegation.

That is pretty much my take on things. There seems very little pressure on Bruce's position. The Jones appointment doesn't suggest that they are looking to move Bruce on anytime soon. I suppose you could say the lack of fans in stadiums has helped ease that pressure on Bruce.  If the takeover was looking pretty positive you'd like to think the buyers would be in Ashley's ears about the situation?

I find it very difficult to stop believing that there will be a takeover soon. The reason for that is that I'm desperate for just a glimmer of hope. When I stop letting my heart rule my head I see a different picture.  If there really was a takeover in the offing then I would expect Ashley and the potential new owners to come together to protect  the investment. They would have ditched Bruce and brought in the man who would be the new manager. Neither party would have allowed the situation to become as desperate as it is now and risk relegation.

What's soon? - it's been nearly a year and nothing has materialised. If we go down then it's over for at least another 16 months. The PL rules for owners test has changed since too, we have no idea what will come out of legal challenges... but we need them to land our way, stay up and for Staveley, Reuben's and PIF to still be interested in something they walked away July last year. I think it's possible, but crikey there are so many factors a takeover needs to overcome it seems unlikely.

Until there is a concrete signal from the buyers this is back on with reasons why it's now different then everything else is just noise.

It’s that desperate Whitley Mags Siamese twin Manorparks has performed his own surgery and f***ed off.

People should seriously hope we are correct, because the alternative doesn’t bare thinking about. Even if we stay up the noises already are that there’ll be no money to spend, and that’s the best case scenario.

Should we get relegated you can bet your life Bruce will not be paid off, and will get the job to bring us back up. I’d even predict should the mackems come up, they’d spend more than us and probably with momentum of promotion have a better season.

In either scenario that won’t be a club I’ll be supporting any longer. Luckily my view is Ashley has already abandoned ship and we’ll have our club back soon. The only question is which division that’ll be in.

I see this Takeover by Staveley/Reubens/PIF as the only real chance we will have to see our club become everything that I have known (all my life) that it is capable of being.

It is such an excellent thing that this group of people have been able to realise how great - and unique - we can be with the right support (with 'their' support) and this fact of them and us together is what is making them REFUSE to give in.

They are behaving how I would behave if I was in their position . . and yet they are not (historically) NUFC supporters like I am, like WE (on here) are - but they are not giving up, they are F I G H T I N G for our future.

Whatever their original motivations for picking us were, they are now still in there, fighting for our (ours and theirs) future.

THAT is why I have always known that they - and us - will ultimately succeed.

Keep the faith people!