Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Nothing has changed.

Has Ashley issued a statement to say the Takeover is off?

Has Staveley said that the Takeover is off?

Have DeMarco and co told us they are no longer on the case?

NO . . . they haven't.

Things are still happening quietly behind the scenes - as they SHOULD be.

Quiet - no leaks - is good.

All we have to do (still . . . ) is just W A I T.

Do you realise that a fair response would be...

Has Ashley issued a statement to say the Takeover is still on?

Has Staveley said that the Takeover is still on?

Have DeMarco and co ever said that they are fighting for the takeover to happen?

NO . . . they haven't.

Nothing has changed.

NO . . . they haven't.

Nothing has changed: PIF Saudi offer still withdrawn due to the prolonged process under the current circumstances coupled with global uncertainty that has rendered the potential investment no longer commercially viable.

Nothing has changed.

NO . . . they haven't.

When we get relegated those statements will come fast :lol:

Imagine thinking your opinion matters that much you post the exact same post in both takeover threads. Parody

So given what we know about Mike Ashley, do we think he would

a) Sell the club for 100m less than was supposedly on the table last year or

b) Gamble and assume he can get the club back in the Premier League with minimal investment in players or coaching staff, f*** it up and leave us stranded in the wilderness for another decade.

b) for me given past experience. I can't understad how anybody would gamble 100m (I think it will be closer to half the value £175m based on the current climate) if any deal was anywhere near completion, as that is crazy money if it was. This is the first time we have an alleged guaranteed buyer before anyone comes back that he has done this in the past.

We were losing games with both of them anyhoo, why the hell would their injuries even matter.

It's a load of old s****, making it up as they know it'll be click bait central.

Typical Edwards and to be fair he succeeds in his baiting as he gets bites galore every single time. His level of journalism can be summed up in one name Henry Mauriss. The bloke is a c*** and a clown, but, he still gets people biting away on Twitter.

If you're going to bait people though, you should be able to handle the abuse that'll inevitably come back at you for doing it. He can't.

Yeah I agree there mind he is a like a childish snidey kid.

I am so pleased that I never went on the "always look on the down side" or the "always seek to routinely criticise anyone who doesn't always look on the down side" training Courses !!

The way some people think, and post on here, is amazing.

Everything to do with this “takeover” is absolutely cringey right now. I hope that Keith Lemon chap can afford whatever he’s spunked on that legal nonsense because he’ll be getting nout from Mandy now her Barclays meal ticket has sailed.

We all made a lot of assumptions about what the Saudis plans were for the club, like they would throw money at the situation to succeed, we never considered that they might not do that which could have been equally as likely. Just a punt like they made with Uber and other investments that they dipped in and out of just as quick.

Let’s face it, aside from Mike Ashley looking for compensation from the PL we’ve had absolutely no proof that the consortium are negotiating with him again. Zero. Again all assumptions from jaded supporters who are akin to the pilgrims going to Lourdes each year hoping their cancer might be cured. It’s as grim as that.

The takeover as it is or was only exists now in the ramblings of a bunch of male Karen’s on Twitter. We should want nothing to do with it. Stop giving them the attention and the bullshit will stop.

Maybe one day we’ll wake up to a story that it’s all done but right now all we have is a club that’s in limbo, with (mostly) detestable people from top to bottom (the owner, boardroom, manager, coaches and playing staff)

It needs burning to the ground with a wicker man in the middle of the pitch for said detestables.

the-wicker-man-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg?k=6cd5cbbf84

At the minute our club closer resembles the awful Nic Cage remake.

"No, not the Steves!"

Cupace20210302200841.png

I am so pleased that I never went on the "always look on the down side" or the "always seek to routinely criticise anyone who doesn't always look on the down side" training Courses !!

The way some people think, and post on here, is amazing.

This post is a flaming bag of shit. 

You don't have to ever have taken any negativity classes to question the potential sale of this club to PIF/PCP.

Anybody with any sense would question a deal that has:

a) Gone on for a year with no discernable progress.

2) Had the governing body nix the deal.

iii)  Had the principal partner publicly move away from the deal after that.

IV)  Had the prospective seller sue only for damages because the deal was nixed.

Not sure if it's sheer blind faith or people choosing to believe something simply because they want it to be true. I've seen nothing tangible or concrete to suggest this is still a goer, hope I'm wrong as I've said before but until I see some concrete evidence it's happening then I'm out. I'd love to be wrong but don't get why there is so much discussion in the absence of actual facts. Just hot air, waffle, spurious opinions and utter shite tbh.

Not sure if it's sheer blind faith or people choosing to believe something simply because they want it to be true. I've seen nothing tangible or concrete to suggest this is still a goer, hope I'm wrong as I've said before but until I see some concrete evidence it's happening then I'm out. I'd love to be wrong but don't get why there is so much discussion in the absence of actual facts. Just hot air, waffle, spurious opinions and utter shite tbh.

I had clung on to a little hope that arbitration might see a pathway to it happening but all we’ve heard is January is a big month then we’ll hear news in February then it was March. Along with the creeping probability of relegation my hope has dwindled to nothing

Not sure if it's sheer blind faith or people choosing to believe something simply because they want it to be true. I've seen nothing tangible or concrete to suggest this is still a goer, hope I'm wrong as I've said before but until I see some concrete evidence it's happening then I'm out. I'd love to be wrong but don't get why there is so much discussion in the absence of actual facts. Just hot air, waffle, spurious opinions and utter s**** tbh.

If you don't believe Amanda still wants to buy the club you'd have to believe that Caulkin is either a complete liar or has been lied to by mutiple conspiring parties and is naive enough to believe it.

The simplest answer is that Amanda does still want to buy the club but there are still a load of obstacles in the way. Jacobs' summary of the situation today makes complete sense in relation to everything that's unfolded so far.

Not sure if it's sheer blind faith or people choosing to believe something simply because they want it to be true. I've seen nothing tangible or concrete to suggest this is still a goer, hope I'm wrong as I've said before but until I see some concrete evidence it's happening then I'm out. I'd love to be wrong but don't get why there is so much discussion in the absence of actual facts. Just hot air, waffle, spurious opinions and utter s**** tbh.

If you don't believe Amanda still wants to buy the club you'd have to believe that Caulkin is either a complete liar or has been lied to by mutiple conspiring parties and is naive enough to believe it.

The simplest answer is that Amanda does still want to buy the club but there are still a load of obstacles in the way. Jacobs' summary of the situation today makes complete sense in relation to everything that's unfolded so far.

Amanda might still want to buy the club, a bit like how I might want to have sex with joeyt[/member].

It doesn’t mean it will happen, or is close to happening.

We both have a lot of obstacles to overcome and some might not even be possible.

I’m weirdly interested in seeing Keith take the PL to court tbh. Assume we’ll see that once the takeover is resolved either way?

[emoji38]

Keith can barely take himself to the toilet.

He has done himself no favours the last couple of months. I admire that he is prepared, and has put his money in to try and help developments; however, he comes accross so badly now. He should have just left it to actual updates (mind there has been no concrete ones for months now) instead of turning half the fanbase against him.

Amanda might still want to buy the club, a bit like how I might want to have sex with joeyt[/member].

It doesn’t mean it will happen, or is close to happening.

We both have a lot of obstacles to overcome and some might not even be possible.

Lots of people are saying she doesn't. They think she's dossing about on a beach somewhere while Caulkin and Jacobs make s*** up for clicks. My only point is that I think she is still trying to buy the club. The rest of what you've said might be right.

If it was off then why wouldn't AS say so? I can't think of a single reason why she wouldn't, she's not exactly shy about engaging the media and has done exactly that on a couple of occasions now.

This is on until someone significant says its off. It's as simple as that.