Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Watching that full Staveley video, I am of the opinion that we as a fanbase simply cannot allow this to fail, no matter what happens with the legal stuff. Don't ask me what the answer is or what we could do, but it can't be allowed to go away. It's simply too important for the area.

Fuck what Jordan thinks.

He doesn’t see any irony in the fact that he was on SSN anytime Crystal Palace were trying to sign a player and the agent wouldn’t agree or fee or any other reason either when every other chairmen or owner of a club couldn’t be named by anyone who wasn’t a fan of the club. He even admitted that you have to have a bit of an ego to own a club and that is why he bought Crystal Palace.

Just now, nbthree3 said:

If it isn't PIF I'm convinced she'll try and find another partner. Talk of Chinese investors in the 2017 bid

We don't want Chinese investors. It's PIF or bust.

Unsurprisingly hands-offish approach from the government then. Dunno what anyone would expect tbh. I think their intervention in the ESL stuff was pretty overstated as well. 

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

If it isn't PIF I'm convinced she'll try and find another partner. Talk of Chinese investors in the 2017 bid

Maybe a few years ago, but since the ruling party banned overseas football investment pretty much, all the clubs owned by Chinese individuals have been trying desperately to peddle them. I’d reckon another USA group like Kenyon, if PIF were to fall through. 

6 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Can’t wait for the PL to stall on that one and blame the would be owners of Newcastle for the creation of corona virus.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

More dirt on Beloff. No wonder we were so concerned about him.

Dirt? Come on, it's really not that bad! People work for companies all of the time as it's their job. It doesn't mean they pledge allegiance to them and especially not when it's your niece!

On the alternative investors thing yes the role of Chinese investing outward has changed and that's no longer realistic. But it was in 2017 and was the only example I could think of for Staveley 

7 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Dirt? Come on, it's really not that bad! People work for companies all of the time as it's their job. It doesn't mean they pledge allegiance to them and especially not when it's your niece!

Not convinced.

Some of the comments she’s had from people like Jordan and the Barclays lot are disgusting and simply because she’s a woman trying to make it in places men dominate. You can tell they’re scared of her, she’ll embarrass them time again if they didn’t get their 1st and self inflict. 

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Truly believe that one day Amanda will be running our club. Not sure who the backing will come from, but good days will eventually return. She clearly wants us. We want her. It's a match made in heaven.

Won't make any difference to me personally. If we are denied this then I am gone. No idea how any NUFC fan could still be invested in football when in the full knowledge of who runs the game and what they denied us 

Thought the NUST letter is a positive piece and very much covers what I as a fan want/expect from the PL.

I understand people are (rightly) fatigued with the constant letters to this and that, but at this moment where there seems to be a big push to make this as public as possible again, well I'm all for it.

Feel pretty powerless otherwise.