Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I can't complain that the Trust are doing something, it's the supposed inaction that makes some fans upset. It's something, the MPs letters in August got Masters to respond publicly (to Chi who has thankfully written again for us), the Trust letter got their 30 minute meeting 

13 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Won't make any difference to me personally. If we are denied this then I am gone. No idea how any NUFC fan could still be invested in football when in the full knowledge of who runs the game and what they denied us 

Exactly this^

3 hours ago, Paully said:

Here’s a clip of that bellend’s rant

I doubt if he has ever said a single thing that is "true" in his entire life.

To some people LYING becomes an addiction, as in his case. He just cannot help it, poor little sod!

Edited by manorpark

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It’s Newcastle he has an agenda against. He goes against anyone that acts in the clubs interests and is for anyone that acts against our interests.

Because it generates clicks, listeners, calls etc.

It’s more than that. He talks about clubs like Everton and West Ham like they’re great clubs, and he doesn’t go after them if, for example, some Everton fans hang a banner threatening Rafa near his home. Yet he’ll repeatedly bring up some mean words on Twitter about Steve Bruce. IMO he singles Newcastle out and seems to have a genuine dislike for the fans. He always says he knows exactly what we’re like because he used to know the Shepherds and Halls.

Edited by Kimbo

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

It’s more than that. He talks about clubs like Everton and West Ham like they’re great clubs, and he doesn’t go after them if, for example, some Everton fans hang a banner threatening Rafa near his home. Yet he’ll repeatedly bring up some mean words on Twitter about Steve Bruce. IMO he singles Newcastle out and seems to have a genuine dislike for the fans. He always says he knows exactly what we’re like because he used to know the Shepherds and Halls.

Totally agree!

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Could be, I'm never going to listen to that shitfest of a station in order to compare mind :lol:

13 hours ago, Dokko said:

Some of the comments she’s had from people like Jordan and the Barclays lot are disgusting and simply because she’s a woman trying to make it in places men dominate. You can tell they’re scared of her, she’ll embarrass them time again if they didn’t get their 1st and self inflict. 

Yeah mate, Barclays were completely terrified of her crying and losing the case.

2 hours ago, manorpark said:

I doubt if he has ever said a single thing that is "true" in his entire life.

To some people LYING becomes an addiction, as in his case. He just cannot help it, poor little sod!

Clubs sold

Don't know why but hearing all of this England is galvanising the nation with their performance. Government personnel talking about how great it is and exactly what everyone needs.

All the while the exact opposite is happening with NUFC and nobody gives a flying fuck.

This takeover honestly does consume a lot of my thinking, I can't comprehend this not happening because the future for NUFC is afaic dead otherwise.

It may be true of other clubs, but talking just about nufc for a moment. This stuff really has widespread effects on the region not just through investment, but the general mentality and attitude of people. Even people who aren't fans per se can feel when the vibes are good and things ride on a crest of optimism.

How utterly powerless we are right now. People like Masters deciding what is sound and legit for our club, as we sit here a festering pile of shit and a laughing stock from playing staff down to academy, dilapidated stadium down to lacklustre training facilities.

I'm sick of it tbh.

9 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Don't know why but hearing all of this England is galvanising the nation with their performance. Government personnel talking about how great it is and exactly what everyone needs.

All the while the exact opposite is happening with NUFC and nobody gives a flying fuck.

This takeover honestly does consume a lot of my thinking, I can't comprehend this not happening because the future for NUFC is afaic dead otherwise.

It may be true of other clubs, but talking just about nufc for a moment. This stuff really has widespread effects on the region not just through investment, but the general mentality and attitude of people. Even people who aren't fans per se can feel when the vibes are good and things ride on a crest of optimism.

How utterly powerless we are right now. People like Masters deciding what is sound and legit for our club, as we sit here a festering pile of shit and a laughing stock from playing staff down to academy, dilapidated stadium down to lacklustre training facilities.

I'm sick of it tbh.

Bang on.

Hope Denmark win on pens tonight. 

this may have been asked but what are the possible ramifications if Ashley just says fuck it and sells the club officially to them?

Would the premier league then go through the rigmarole of trying to expel us from the league etc?

or dock points?

2 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

this may have been asked but what are the possible ramifications if Ashley just says fuck it and sells the club officially to them?

Would the premier league then go through the rigmarole of trying to expel us from the league etc?

or dock points?

"No Comment"

Probably make a song and dance about punishments, but as soon as Saudi cheque clears silence will prevail

Edited by gjohnson
amusement

4 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

or dock points?

The main issue is that any buyer would absolutely not buy the club in that scenario. It would be a huge gamble. PL would probably do fuck all tbh but would never ever happen.