Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

When Grealish gets the ball in certain situations, there's not a lot can be done to stop him, but he needs better protection than he got from the ref last night.

We are not the most popular European country unfortunately.

On 02/06/2021 at 21:54, Ben said:

I would replace TAA with Lingard 

I wouldn't go near Lingard like. A bang average player, who has had a purple patch for a few games, in an area of the pitch where we're already nicely stocked. Willock has as much, if not more right to be there.

Personally I'd rather call up another striker, probably Watkins, given Kane and DCL are prone to injury.

21 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wouldn't go near Lingard like. A bang average player, who has had a purple patch for a few games, in an area of the pitch where we're already nicely stocked. Willock has as much, if not more right to be there.

Personally I'd rather call up another striker, probably Watkins, given Kane and DCL are prone to injury.

I thought he looked dangerous last night 

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Watkins would be a sound bet, simply because we only have two out and out strikers. There are other more tempting options in other areas, but we seem to have decent strength and depth in defence and midfield. 

In terms of the quality of the young players coming through, this is the best squad that I can remember.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Watkins would be a sound bet, simply because we only have two out and out strikers. There are other more tempting options in other areas, but we seem to have decent strength and depth in defence and midfield. 

In terms of the quality of the young players coming through, this is the best squad that I can remember.

Just a massive shame about Southgate and the centre half situation. If we had a good manager and Terry and Campbell at centre half I would give us a great chance of winning it

Something about Grealish I really don't like. Not knocking his talent or ability, he's excellent on the ball, but just the way he reacts to challenges and plays the game. He's clearly not used to referees who don't know who he is not giving him free-kicks automatically. He's been used to English refs giving him just about everything despite him diving all over the shop and collapsing at will as soon as he feels contact but new refs don't realise he gets this privilege automatically and tell him to just play on. Whenever he doesn't get what he thinks he's entitled to he jumps up and snarls like fuck, I absolutely fucking hate it.

Have to say he does get fouled legitimately a lot but the constant collapsing does my head in. Zaha isn't far behind either tbh. And Almiron if I'm being honest. 

JWP showing a lot of determination to get into the squad. On this showing, I'd give him the nod, but if he's in the squad he really has to start. His dead ball delivery is outstanding, and we'd need to take advantage of that over 90 minutes, not 20 minutes as a sub.

The other player who I think is making a strong case is White. I'd not seen that much of him, but he looks class, and has the calmness to do well at international level. Unfortunately, we can only include the one.

30 minutes ago, Cronky said:

JWP showing a lot of determination to get into the squad. On this showing, I'd give him the nod, but if he's in the squad he really has to start. His dead ball delivery is outstanding, and we'd need to take advantage of that over 90 minutes, not 20 minutes as a sub.

The other player who I think is making a strong case is White. I'd not seen that much of him, but he looks class, and has the calmness to do well at international level. Unfortunately, we can only include the one.

Agreed and I would start them both. Unfortunately the likes of Slabhead and “hendo” will get picked despite them not been fit and not even that good when they are. Add in the international version of Bruce as manager and the whole thing stinks 

Edited by CalmintheChaos