Group F (France, Germany, Hungary, Portugal)

Big River

1 minute ago, Interpolic said:

So if Hungary and France win then we'll play Hungary in the next round. Not completely inconceivable. 

Probably our best route given the options but it'll be an horrific watch

Guest HTT II

As ordinary as England have been thus far, I feel Germany, France and Portugal have been just as ordinary which gives me hope, but alas I feel either would beat us. This is a decent game, two soft pens for me though. For France Kante is being out Kante’d by Renato who has been excellent, Jota too. I think this France-Portugal game is gonna be decided by a Ronaldo or a Benzema big moment special! Or maybe not…

VAR respects the referee’s decision way too much and never seems to overturn anything if there’s a slightest contact. Should give VAR a free reign to fix shite like that.

Edited by Pata

Just now, HTT II said:

As ordinary as England have been thus far, I feel Germany, France and Portugal have been just as ordinary which gives me hope, but alas I feel either would beat us. This is a decent game, two soft pens for me though. For France Kante is being out Kante’d by Renato who has been excellent, Jota too. I think this France-Portugal game is gonna be decided by a Ronaldo or a Benzema big moment special! Or maybe not…

Germany and Portugal can’t defend while France is somehow the most boring team in the tournament. Score first against France and Deschamps is clueless.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Germany and Portugal can’t defend while France is somehow the most boring team in the tournament. Score first against France and Deschamps is clueless.

To be fair, England haven’t really been tested defensively. The one positive for me is we haven’t quite fully clicked yet in attack, do that and we can beat anyone and beat them well. I’m hoping Kane is holding his best yet to come for the next round because we will need that. It’s an interesting tournament more than it’s a great tournament so far, in that the so-called faves have been ordinary and the dark horses have excelled or new dark horses have emerged, like Holland. I mean, who would rule out Sweden for example going far or even Wales? 

Edited by HTT II

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

VAR respects the referee’s decision way too much and never seems to overturn anything if there’s a slightest contact. Should give VAR a free reign to fix shite like that.

Which defeats the purpose of VAR tbh. Might as well not have it if refs are still going to be backed for making shit decisions.