UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

I have to say win or lose, Southgate has been so impressive.

Plenty of England fans, including myself have been critical of his approach and I'm yet to be convinced he's a great coach.

What he has done is:

i) surrounded himself with good coaches 

ii) managed energy levels well 

iii) created a great atmosphere in the camp

This has allowed us to build momentum through the tournament. He's learnt from the World Cup and adopted a more conservative style focused on making us difficult to play through. It remains to be seen whether that stands up against a team of Italy's quality, but its meant we've been able to comfortably navigate through games in which England teams of the past would have struggled.

This is the best England team I've seen. We've had better individuals before, who have produced more stylish football, but I've never seen an England team so united and functional as a unit.

Southgate does have his flaws, but the job he's done had been nothing short of brilliant. Regardless of what happens on Sunday he has me eating my words and long may it continue.

Edited by The Prophet

9 hours ago, jotenko said:

You mean an European Cup?

Or you'd prefer Newcastle to win a FA Cup versus England winning an EURO or WC?

I'll be honest, I could care less about England, but it would take more energy than being apathetic, so I think I'll stick. It irritates me a little that if we win it will make up for 40 years of real hurt.

8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

They're all awful. None if them know when to just shut the fuck up.

That's it like, obviously they have to talk but just say who's on the ball, if it went out for a corner etc.

Most of these cunts think they are celebrities or something, and have to make every game into a soap opera, does my fucking head in.

And as a few people said a while back, fuck the co commentator off, not needed and just makes it even more annoying.

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

That's it like, obviously they have to talk but just say who's on the ball, if it went out for a corner etc.

Most of these cunts think they are celebrities or something, and have to make every game into a soap opera, does my fucking head in.

And as a few people said a while back, fuck the co commentator off, not needed and just makes it even more annoying.

Yep. The forced conversations are just painful. There was one the other night with Jenas, he totally got the wrong end of the stick when replying to a question. He paused and you just knew he had realised his mistake, but instead of holding his hands up he just continued. I don't think anybody noticed like which is probably why he's perfect for TV.

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

Amazon prime had the best idea with the option to turn commentary off and just have crowd noise, that was great.

Aye. Lasted about a week. I think the co-commentators union got onto them.

Looks like everyone who is everyone is getting tickets for Sundays game, not many real fans though, even Boris is trying to get it up to full capacity so more can attend.

The UEFA family must be making a killing.

What team would you play? 

Walker Maguire Stones Shaw

Phillips Henderson

Grealish

Sancho  Kane  Sterling

As I said last night wouldn't be surprised if he went with Henderson, Phillips, Rice in midfield. Don't think Mount deserves to start after his last performance.

55 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Probably been discussed already, but why is this such a crap Kick Off time!?

8pm at night is a crap kick off time?  It's been used for decades.

I think the last Euros to kick off mid afternoon was Euro 96 (even that might be wrong). The last WC to kick off early was 1994/2014 but that was due to the European core audience.

Edited by Sima

32 minutes ago, Sima said:

8pm at night is a crap kick off time?  It's been used for decades.

I think the last Euros to kick off mid afternoon was Euro 96 (even that might be wrong). The last WC to kick off early was 1994/2014 but that was due to the European core audience.

8pm on Sunday evening I meant.