UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

Finals have been on Sunday for ages iirc.

More of an issue now like because most want to go on the piss to watch it with work on Monday.

The 2018 WC final was on mid afternoon but that would have been due to the time difference in Russia.

Edited by Sima

16 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

I'll be honest, I could care less about England, but it would take more energy than being apathetic, so I think I'll stick. It irritates me a little that if we win it will make up for 40 years of real hurt.

It's a cathartic feeling, but it won't make up for that.

I still find myself looking at images from the pre-match of the EURO 2004 final from time to time and it still hurts.

Edited by jotenko

Pity they can't swap the co-comms tbh. I don't mind Dixon. 

In fairness to Jenas (:anguish:), co-comms is probably the one place - out of the hundreds of millions of settings you see him in now - where he's the least offensive. You don't have to look at his smug face, you don't have to listen to his views on current affairs, and you don't have to put up with his weird matter-of-fact celebration of football elitism ("look, the Premier League is a product, right..."). He's just talking about what's happening on the pitch and he's alright at that.

2 hours ago, Sima said:

8pm at night is a crap kick off time?  It's been used for decades.

I think the last Euros to kick off mid afternoon was Euro 96 (even that might be wrong). The last WC to kick off early was 1994/2014 but that was due to the European core audience.

Think Euro 96 was a 7:45 KO - Bierhoff scored the golden goal and it was dark by then iirc

Edited by Mikky

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pity they can't swap the co-comms tbh. I don't mind Dixon. 

In fairness to Jenas (:anguish:), co-comms is probably the one place - out of the hundreds of millions of settings you see him in now - where he's the least offensive. You don't have to look at his smug face, you don't have to listen to his views on current affairs, and you don't have to put up with his weird matter-of-fact celebration of football elitism ("look, the Premier League is a product, right..."). He's just talking about what's happening on the pitch and he's alright at that.

I nearly muted the Ukraine game. He was obsessed with how Sancho would know Zinchenko and Walker's games. Despite:

i) Zinchenko playing in the middle 

ii) Sancho and Walker having been at City together for all of three months.

His constant sucking up to anything an England player did, no matter how good or bad was mind numbing. 

51 minutes ago, Dokko said:

What's everyone doing for this? I'm getting covid in a fanzone. Can't wait.

Watching in my living room with my wife, probably largely in silence as I talk to people on N-O instead [emoji38]:lol:

53 minutes ago, Dokko said:

What's everyone doing for this? I'm getting covid in a fanzone. Can't wait.

I'm at that Burn it out in North Shields. Never been before.

Watched the Scotland and German games in pubs in Newcastle and the QF in a fan zone/park in Morpeth, which was wild. All been really good.

8 minutes ago, Beren said:

Watching in my living room with my wife, probably largely in silence as I talk to people on N-O instead [emoji38]:lol:

Sums up most evenings in this household.:lol:

6 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Watched the Scotland and German games in pubs in Newcastle and the QF in a fan zone/park in Morpeth, which was wild. All been really good.

Nice. You sound well travelled for the finals. My 1st out out, nervous about the crowd rbh, not going to mention that to the group or I'll just have the piss taken out of me all night. 😩

49 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Same.