UEFA Euro 2020 Final: England 1 - 1 Italy (Italy win 3-2 on pens)

Disco

11 minutes ago, Smal said:

:lol: 

Italy vs England apart from Italy have our players and we've got Germany's!

And England in a red kit that we haven't worn, or is that meant to be Germany or Italy? 

Momumental fuck up. [emoji38]

Edited by ToonArmy1892

4 hours ago, Wilson said:

My 2 daughters have got right into it, thanks to school getting them involved which I absolutely love.  Youngest has been making posters and flags etc, said a teacher joined in a game of football in the yard and was running round singing 'it's coming home' :lol:.  They loved watching the semi while I was out, so me and a mate have decided to make it a more of a family thing for the final.

All out for Sunday dinner at 1, we're hanging on for a couple of pints while the lasses take the kids back, then back to his for the night to watch it with all of the bairns.  Looking forward to it, slight change from the rest of the games where I've just got wankered and dived around in bars/fanzone.

Slight change of plan.  I'm going to Wembley and I'm absolutely buzzing.  

Foden a doubt. It's mad that I'm not that worried as we've got so many other class attackers - England teams past a player like Foden would be the talisman and we'd have a national prayer day launched to heal him in time for Sunday night.

"I know that if my late husband 'Phil the Greek' was still with us he would join me in wishing Gareth and the boys well, as he always commented on how much they reminded him of the Greek side who won Euro 2004" 

Fancy Henderson in for either Rice or Phillips. Maybe Sancho back in at the expense of Saka too?

Just got to trust him to get it right and pick the right XI for the Italy team on Sunday night and if that means breaking a heart or 2 then so be it, none of this 'well he's played every game so far so I'll just leave him in for the Final', no sentiment just pick the best team on the day. 

Tomorrow night is the night. I bet it feels like Christmas Eve as kid for a lot of you. Personally, I believe the stars have alligned for England. Some things are meant to be. England winning their first euros 1966 world cup style at Wembley is just meant to be. Enjoy it, lads. Milk it, let it all sink in. Do spare a thought for unlucky cunts like me who live in a nation that ain't got a hope of glory and support Newcastle, too. Unless the takeover happens we’ll never get a night like tomorrow.

England 2-1 Italy.

I’ve just moved down to reading can’t find a pub that is taking booking in and don’t fancy going early as start new job Monday morning

consigned myself to watching alone in the flat as don’t know anyone here 

depressing times

Just starting to sink in now. Fuck. I both cant wait and dont want tomorrow to come.

I was 11 when Euro 96 was on. I remember being down at Wylam summer fair when England - Netherlands was on and it was on the radio all over. That night everyone was out. We all went round to a friends and the kids played video games and the adults got hammered. I remember everyone buzzing after the Scotland game. I remember watching the Germany game and being absolutely gutted. But even at 11 I remember that summer was mad. This year its been a slow burn but there's been moments when it's genuinely taken me back to 96. The fans at Wembley for the SF, especially with the 90s revival atm and the bucket hats etc, was really reminiscent of the same scenes 25 years ago. There's only been 2 moments in my life when I didnt consider supporting INGERLAND at least a little bit toxic. 96 and now. It's been an incredible effort from everyone involved tbf. Fuck I hope we win.

Maybe thats a bit unfair on France 98. There was a feel good factor going in. But the bitter taste afterwards was particularly harsh.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar