PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

Would be continuing on engagement and communication if they can come out to assure the fans about any managerial progress (without specific names or confidential stuff of course). Been absolutely quiet this week.

On 27/10/2021 at 23:07, Fantail Breeze said:

Teams may as well just have banners that say:

”No to Saudi investment, unless it’s in us”. 

Because that’s pretty much all it is :lol: 

I think the banners were referencing football matters, at least that's my understanding. Don't think Middlesborough fans or, the club itself for that matter, has anything to do with this investment, but I might be wrong.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10148509/Newcastle-forced-stick-Sports-Direct-sponsor-new-owners-hope-signs-removed-soon.html

Newcastle United's new owners have been forced to keep Sports Direct signage up inside St James’ Park due to legal clauses inserted by former owner Mike Ashley ahead of the club’s sale.

The clauses mean the new Saudi owners have not be able to remove the ads but after the takeover led by British businesswoman Amanda Staveley (below) hopes remain they will come down in the ‘short-term’.

They were still evident during yesterday’s match against Chelsea. The sponsorship agreement between Ashley’s sports retailer and Newcastle United runs to the end of the season.

28 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10148509/Newcastle-forced-stick-Sports-Direct-sponsor-new-owners-hope-signs-removed-soon.html

Newcastle United's new owners have been forced to keep Sports Direct signage up inside St James’ Park due to legal clauses inserted by former owner Mike Ashley ahead of the club’s sale.

The clauses mean the new Saudi owners have not be able to remove the ads but after the takeover led by British businesswoman Amanda Staveley (below) hopes remain they will come down in the ‘short-term’.

They were still evident during yesterday’s match against Chelsea. The sponsorship agreement between Ashley’s sports retailer and Newcastle United runs to the end of the season.

With Bruce's new contract, a team facing relegation and the sports direct signs, I'm amazed PIF didn't just tell him to fuck off. Lucky for us they didn't mind.

Edited by et tu brute

13 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

With Bruce's new contract, a team facing relegation and the sports direct signs, I'm amazed PIF didn't just tell him to fuck off. Lucky for us they didn't mind.

I know what you mean, it’s even more amazing when you think that they waited the best part of two years as well. But it fills me with confidence that they’re here for the long term and know they have to deal with all this shit left behind right now to see progress in the future 

44 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Despite dominating the stadium, the club received the equivalent of £157,500-a-year from Sports Direct under Ashley.

Lets not forget we're finally rid of the man.  Robbed the club of income and just let it rot. 

Should probably put a statement out just to give the fans an update on the process, even if there's not really much to report on. We all now how important communication is, after suffering from such Aa lack of it for 15 years. 

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

Should probably put a statement out just to give the fans an update on the process, even if there's not really much to report on. We all now how important communication is, after suffering from such Aa lack of it for 15 years. 

Completely agree 

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

Been holding off because didn’t want to come across as impatient but I’ve been a tad disappointed with the communication so far across the board. Probably my expectations are too high and 100% they’ll be getting things in place and I’m sure it’ll improve, but aye, was maybe just expecting a little more. 

Personally I don't like the constant leaks - it has to be coming from the consortium as it has been referenced by local journalists they've got wind of information before it has happened. Craig Hope mentioned this on a recent podcast, Caulkin had the first interview after the failed takeover and Keith Downie mentioned this before his 24 hour stint. I can understand after years of zero communication trying to get the local media onside in what should be a brilliant time, but I think the consortium are not above criticism. 

I'm glad they haven't rushed into an appointment, but they were clearly looking at replacing Bruce as soon as it was confirmed and the process has spectacularly backfired in the early hours. I think the most important appointment moving forward will be a CEO that understands the game and a Director of Football to focus on that aspect of the club. 

18 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

Personally I don't like the constant leaks - it has to be coming from the consortium as it has been referenced by local journalists they've got wind of information before it has happened. Craig Hope mentioned this on a recent podcast, Caulkin had the first interview after the failed takeover and Keith Downie mentioned this before his 24 hour stint. I can understand after years of zero communication trying to get the local media onside in what should be a brilliant time, but I think the consortium are not above criticism. 

I'm glad they haven't rushed into an appointment, but they were clearly looking at replacing Bruce as soon as it was confirmed and the process has spectacularly backfired in the early hours. I think the most important appointment moving forward will be a CEO that understands the game and a Director of Football to focus on that aspect of the club. 

JR

You would guess they have to say something either way today, as someone will need to face the media tomorrow, and they'll probably need to say if Jones is definitely taking Saturdays match, or announce Howe (or A.N.Other) before then.

13 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

Constant leaks? There's been basically 1 significant leak since they took over. Other than that there's been nothing but press speculation