PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's obviously just a standard fans account that's renamed itself following the Sela announcement 

https://twitter.com/SelaUKPA/status/1646887140624613376?t=Z-7PUIPEt1jKB-s6seZhNg&s=19

Sela has been around for more than 2 decades. It sponsored La Liga in 2017 and many cup in my country. It reeks of racism when people says that Sela is fake company just because it sponsors its own club.

Edited by aa5773

15 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

Sela has been around for more than 2 decades. It sponsored La Liga in 2017 and many cup in my country. It reeks of racism when people says that Sela is fake company just because it sponsors its own club.

It's not racism. It's the RTG coping mechanism.

44 minutes ago, Stifler said:

No, the owners won’t need to sell, and good luck trying to get permission to build a training centre there.

What if they just want the golf club, and not build a training centre?

When PIF come-a-knocking their resilience to a sale may be tested[emoji38]

23 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Won't be long till we see F1 cars racing across the Tyne bridge.

Everyone will think that it is a narrow layout with the chicanes on it, but really they are there for the potholes.

A thought just popped into my head - are loan deals subject to FFP? And would that be a route to get around it? I mean, if say an expensive, top player was bought by a rich Saudi club, then loaned out to a Premier League club, would that be an issue (other than the obviously dubious nature of it all of course)?

10 hours ago, NE27 said:

What if they just want the golf club, and not build a training centre?

When PIF come-a-knocking their resilience to a sale may be tested[emoji38]

That Twitter post you quoted reeks of someone who’s just obsessed with Newcastle and can’t see anything else. Of course they just want the course, and not to turn it into a training center. :lol: 

They’ll want a place like that in the NE that can be the premier golf destination in the area, host events, etc. 

Edited by cubaricho

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

That Twitter post you quoted reeks of someone who’s just obsessed with Newcastle and can’t see anything else. Of course they just want the course, and not to turn it into a training center. :lol: 

They’ll want a place like that in the NE that can be the premier golf destination in the area, host events, etc. 

It’s from a Burnsie account (he really does have a ton of them).

There has been no rumours of them buying the golf course before he mentioned it, and since he mentioned it.

I think he’s heard of the LIV/PGA merger, searched it and realised that close house has been used by the PGA before and came up with his own rumour.

2 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

A thought just popped into my head - are loan deals subject to FFP? And would that be a route to get around it? I mean, if say an expensive, top player was bought by a rich Saudi club, then loaned out to a Premier League club, would that be an issue (other than the obviously dubious nature of it all of course)?

Better get on the phone and let Ashworth and Eales know about this breakthrough. 

1 minute ago, aussiemag said:

Could we circumvent FFP by PIF companies paying personal sponsorship deals, external to the club to a player,  along with a reasonable wage that keeps us within FFP limits. 

Probably not as one of the accusations for City was that Mancini was getting paid by am Abu Dhabi company so doing similar would cause scrutiny 

Theoretically one of the PIF clubs in Saudi could buy a player and then loan him on to us, whilst covering the bulk of the wages but it would only be a matter of time before they closed that loophole, like they did with the related sponsors 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Probably not as one of the accusations for City was that Mancini was getting paid by am Abu Dhabi company so doing similar would cause scrutiny 

Theoretically one of the PIF clubs in Saudi could buy a player and then loan him on to us, whilst covering the bulk of the wages but it would only be a matter of time before they closed that loophole, like they did with the related sponsors 

Hasn't that loophole already been discussed and closed? I’ve no idea really, but feel like people have mentioned Watford and Udinese already in regards to that