PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Good article by Hope but not sure on the need for PIF to speak? They've clearly put Staveley in as the mouth piece.

What’s impressed me most about the Saudis is how savvy they’ve been. From the appointments to the lack of Hollywood signings, they’ve been streetwise when it comes to the media and agents.

The only people who want Yasir to speak is the press so they can pick him apart, I suspect as fans there actions are all we care about, those actions have spoken larger than any words from previous owners. We might have struck the jackpot with the richest owners on the planet, but we couldn’t have dreamt they’d be this fucking clued up it’s marvellous.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Good article by Hope but not sure on the need for PIF to speak? They've clearly put Staveley in as the mouth piece.

Exactly what I tweeted him. It’s not like there’s complete silence coming from the club. They want to ask a token question about sports washing just so they can get a very political answer to it and they’re upset they can’t. 

The communication we get from the club now is like night and day compared to under Ashley. 

"Expecting us to win fucking everything" is playing into the deluded stereotype.

We've still a long way to go, there's no guarantees. Yes we have belief and hope, and reasons to be very positive, but fuck me. Nothing is a given. Man City still haven't won fucking everything ffs [emoji38]

Edited by Sean

1 hour ago, Sean said:

"Expecting us to win fucking everything" is playing into the deluded stereotype.

We've still a long way to go, there's no guarantees. Yes we have belief and hope, and reasons to be very positive, but fuck me. Nothing is a given. Man City still haven't won fucking everything ffs [emoji38]

I expect us to win everything within 10 years no delusion here it’s a given.

Bit like the takeover you thought would never happen ?

Edited by Whitley mag

10 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Man City are what, 13 years into their project and the Champions League still alludes them. PSG are a similar time frame into their project and they have Neymar, Messi, and Mbappe. They still haven’t won the Champions League.

46 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Man City are what, 13 years into their project and the Champions League still alludes them. PSG are a similar time frame into their project and they have Neymar, Messi, and Mbappe. They still haven’t won the Champions League.

Aye but Eddie Howe.

12 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Yes, you are CORRECT !!!

Comparisons with other clubs and other takeovers are not relevant. Our club is (always was) very different, and comparing the slightly negative attitudes towards our future with the VERY negative comments we had to endure about our takeover - is very apt.

My message is W A I T and see !!!!

It’s far from being deluded or arrogant to think there’s every chance we’ll win everything in the next 10 years. I would be absolutely amazed if PIF privately didn’t think the same, they’re here to make us the very best and haven’t even scratched the surface yet. 

I would say my expectations are very much in line with the ownership, old mindsets are hard to change but everyone needs to recalibrate what this club is on the way to becoming.

2 hours ago, manorpark said:

Yes, you are CORRECT !!!

Comparisons with other clubs and other takeovers are not relevant. Our club is (always was) very different, and comparing the slightly negative attitudes towards our future with the VERY negative comments we had to endure about our takeover - is very apt.

My message is W A I T and see !!!!

Always was WAIT ?. Once this juggernaut gets going properly they’ll all be on board fawning over us. The tide is turning slowly anyway. ???? :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

Man City have only really settled down now in terms of massive spending, PSG are a ticking time bomb now.

Our sensible approach in not buying overpaid superstars is why we’ll do it quicker. Team spirit and hunger/motivation are everything.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Man City have only really settled down now in terms of massive spending, PSG are a ticking time bomb now.

Our sensible approach in not buying overpaid superstars is why we’ll do it quicker. Team spirit and hunger/motivation are everything.

And we have their mistakes to learn from, and it looks like we have.

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

There was definitely an obscene amount of prize money for that one game tournament that we haven't been told about like :lol:

I actually joked about us winning "prize money."

Seems it was true.[emoji38]