PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Written judgments are running about a month plus. Probably looking at seeing something November-ish, unless they speed it up due to public interest. 

If SJHL wins outright, then the PL will have to file a response to SJHL's claim and there should be an administrative hearing to set a schedule. Looking at next year sometime before anything substantive would happen. (I mean, barring a settlement, of course).

This is okay though, isn't it? The likelihood was always going to be that CAT came after arbitration (in the event that the result of the arbitration didn't go in Ashley's favour). 

Just now, Yorkie said:

This is okay though, isn't it? The likelihood was always going to be that CAT came after arbitration (in the event that the result of the arbitration didn't go in Ashley's favour). 

I think CAT coming first was preferential as info which would be private in arbitration would have already been made public in CAT, thus applying pressure on arbitration result

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I assume the parties find out the decision well before the written judgement goes on the website?

There may be a little lag between the parties getting a copy and it going up on the web, but it shouldn't be very long between. (In some cases you get a ruling from the bench, with a more formal written decision to come, but it doesn't sound like they're doing that here.)

9 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

It was apparent, to me, that this is a case that's purely about compensation. I don't think there is a "we" in this, and it's a "him" kind of thing (Ashley). In order to win his case his legal team will be extensively talking about the ins and outs of the takeover saga, but it's not for the club's benefit, as in "we". It's all about Mike. 

I think any PL inside revelations, that come from the hearing, would be as a consequence of the loss of earnings case, and not as a purpose of it. It's about money and Mike. 

May be wrong :dontknow:

It's in the interest of our case right now to make it seem like PIF have walked away. The PL seem very sure that they haven't.

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, I don't think it really changes anything. Some had hoped the CAT case would come first due to the public nature, but that wasn't really ever likely to be the case.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Still seems absolutely shite that the PL seem to be doing everything to stop this rather than saying what needs to be done or how they can help make the takeover run through smoothly.

Just becoming more and more apparent that they have been sponsored lapdogs of the big six all along. 

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

All this shite about "Can't punish fans etc" we heard earlier this year - it comes out they actually threatened to expel us for our owner trying to sell the club.

Unreal isn’t it?

Hope Hoffman keels owa.

I think the important work is now done, this goes through and the PL shake hands under the table, there's no way the whole process goes public. The result of this has to be the linchpin that makes the decision, if CAT decide against jurisdiction then the PL will never back down.