PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Rocker said:

I think loads came out of yesterday. How could the judge make his decision half an hour into the proceedings when the clubs QC didn't get to talk for about 3 hours into it?

[emoji38] Aye. He was being very dramatic with that post.

7 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I think loads came out of yesterday. How could the judge make his decision half an hour into the proceedings when the clubs QC didn't get to talk for about 3 hours into it?

Being entirely objective and removing human bias and emotion he couldn't. 

However I strongly suspect he'd have already made his decision before even going in to the court. He will have likely been briefed beforehand about most of what Lewis and Jowell were going to say, and was simply carrying out due process.

Very little new came out yesterday, the major point being the PLs threat to expel NUFC. However its now very public and people/journalists outside of the NUFC bubble are aware of what has gone on.

11 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

However I strongly suspect he'd have already made his decision before even going in to the court. He will have likely been briefed beforehand about most of what Lewis and Jowell were going to say, and was simply carrying out due process.

Very little new came out yesterday, the major point being the PLs threat to expel NUFC. However its now very public and people/journalists outside of the NUFC bubble are aware of what has gone on.

Are you mental [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

I mean…. It’s pretty much his job not too. 

You honestly believe he just woke up one morning, wandered in to court and had to listen to lawyers talking all day without any idea what was going on beforehand?

Yes he is not supposed to form an opinion till afterwards, and that will be the official line, but it isn't realistic unless you disregard human nature

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

Agree. They surely can't just say "we think MBS will be the person running the show, now prove to us that he wont". They have to be the ones that prove that MBS would be controlling things.

The whole thing is so fucked up though that I wont be surprised if the burden is actually on the buyers. 

Not really. The rules say who is and is not a director. I don't like the result, but objectively it would be crazy for the PL not to have primacy in interpreting and applying its own rules. (As always, to be clear, fuck the PL mercilessly.)

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

- PIF still in

- Arbitration 3/4 January for a week

- If we win arbitration then takeover is approved

- Other credible bidders (likely offering less due to market valuations)

- PIF may not pay the original value for reason above. Hence Ashley "loss"

What more do you want man?? [emoji38]

I wonder if the other bids are a bit of a smokescreen to aid the proof that the value has dropped. Get a few bussiness mates to put some low ball bids in and say to the court "look this is what it's worth now, we've lost out on millions!" 

I mean any decent bid and Ashley would snap their hand off at the minute regardless of who it's from right? 

Edited by Scotty66

16 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

- PIF still in

- Arbitration 3/4 January for a week

- If we win arbitration then takeover is approved

- Other credible bidders (likely offering less due to market valuations)

- PIF may not pay the original value for reason above. Hence Ashley "loss"

What more do you want man?? [emoji38]

Although it's only the PL's QC that said PIF are still in (although he seemed very sure of that) our QC said that PIF have given no indication that they are still interested (which the PL's QC laughed at).

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

I wonder if the other bids are a bit of a smokescreen to aid the proof that the value has dropped. Get a few bussiness mates to put some low ball bids in and say to the court "look this is what it's worth now, we've lost out on millions!" 

I mean any decent bid and Ashley would snap their hand off at the minute regardless of who it's from right? 

Would that even be allowed considering all this is going on?

Genuine question.  

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

Although it's only the PL's QC that said PIF were still in (an seemed very sure of that) our QC said that PIF have given no indication that they are still interested (which the PL's QC laughed at).

I think it helps our argument to say they have stepped away - probably part of why they withdrew in the first place. Obviously Staveley and co have made noises that they will come back but nothing official from PIF

4 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

I think it helps our argument to say they have stepped away - probably part of why they withdrew in the first place. Obviously Staveley and co have made noises that they will come back but nothing official from PIF

It does. I think the PL might unofficially know PIF are still in really, which I think is why their QC reacted the way he did when ours said they didn't know whether PIF are still interested and referred to the Inter story.

5 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Good article from Henry Winter, about yesterdays hearing and calling for Independent regulation of the PL...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cde8ad66-21df-11ec-a1fd-37d9030e4d65?shareToken=1728eec89e1573d6c7cfd061ecf680c0

Superb write-up and a message that I'm so pleased is getting spread. This has implications to so much more than just the future of NUFC. 

The PL have been painted in a very bad light. There was no denial of the lobbying by the rich clubs and Qatar tv. 
However, in a world of Barnard Castle eye tests and Campbell Hatton fight results, what’s right doesn’t really seem to matter anymore. 

16 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Are you a Chihuahua?

From a biased and emotional perspective no, but i'd like to hear 2 QCs debating for 6 hours as to why i may be...i'm sure one of them could work a compelling argument to my chihuahua status.  

23 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Superb write-up and a message that I'm so pleased is getting spread. This has implications to so much more than just the future of NUFC. 

They've brought a whole lot of avoidable attention on themselves and their corrupt ways. Hopefully the screw continues to be turned and we see a positive outcome and true reform. How it can be seen as anything other than anti-competitive behaviour is beyond me - it's about as blatant as it could be. 

Edited by steve_69

5 minutes ago, steve_69 said:

They've brought a whole lot of avoidable attention on themselves and their corrupt ways. Hopefully the screw continues to be turned and we see a positive outcome and true reform. How it can be seen as anything other than anti-competitive behaviour is beyond me - it's about as blatant as it could be. 

It's almost like they want the government to step in and regulate football, because that's where it's currently heading and they must know this.