PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

34 minutes ago, Ben said:

How much will our new sponsorship deal be worth, Twitter seems to think it will be multiple Saudi company's on par with the likes of Arsenal. 

Wouldn’t believe a thing on twitter 

So how many sponsors are we now short on that are yet to be announced. Obviously sports direct went but I assume most of our commercial sponsorships are yet to arrive due in part to the leagues "fair value" messing. 

Tbf unless we’re dealing with PIF directly on sponsorships(which I imagine is not allowed under PL rules) even Saudi companies are looking for “fair value”. Companies like Saudia and Aramco aren’t charities and won’t just throw money at us so we can win the league.

Aren’t Saudia owned by the state?  I’m not sure if the ‘related parties’ / separation thing will rear its ugly head, but you can guarantee a number of clubs will cry foul if we’re sponsored by Saudia next season for a jillion quid a year

Of course, I suspect they could wrap up the PL in litigation as a giant ‘FU’ but Staveley said they intended to play by the rules

It strikes me that we might end up with non-Saudi sponsorship - from large organisations who have or want links to PIF …

Still not sure how anyone is determining fair value like.

Will they take into account that our sponsors have been unfair value for the club for years? 

Would be totally unfair basing anything on what mike Ashley's version of nufc has done in the past 10 years as he actively throttled us commercially as a club.

5 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Tbf unless we’re dealing with PIF directly on sponsorships(which I imagine is not allowed under PL rules) even Saudi companies are looking for “fair value”. Companies like Saudia and Aramco aren’t charities and won’t just throw money at us so we can win the league.

Saudia & Aramco are almost entirely govt-owned.  They won’t give a monkeys about fair value if the bigger picture is having a super successful club - but I also suspect they’d run foul of the PL

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Saudia & Aramco are almost entirely govt-owned.  They won’t give a monkeys about fair value if the bigger picture is having a super successful club - but I also suspect they’d run foul of the PL

Of course but they’re still under pressure to perform financially and their success is of bigger national importance than a successful football team?

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Of course but they’re still under pressure to perform financially and their success is of bigger national importance than a successful football team?

I absolutely take your point - but it’s all relative.  Aramco makes average profits of $300m per day - two days profits would completely transform any football club and they wouldn’t blink

That’s not to suggest that they’ll throw those sums at us - but if a successful NUFC is part of a wider plan, they won’t blink.  These organisations and companies are separate institutions in name only - it all goes into the same pot

Need to keep in mind the supposed 3 year long "investigation" into Man City's funding. Unrealistic payments for sponsorship. Burner funding via unverified 3rd parties. Unrecorded payments to players and agents. 

Of course, so far, nothings come of it 

Not sure if it was on here or a Google search I read how deep and nieche sponsorship can be some clubs have sponsorship for official car, official male grooming, official post carrier etc. A sponsor for the ground, training kit, get into Europe and get an official flight partner even if the league presses the value down the lack of sponsors in an around the club due to shite direct does lend itself for a sudden cash injection regardless of suppression of the monetary deal. Could all the deals bring in 50/70m a season? Like others have said is that fair or not who knows. 

Edited by nufcjmc

5 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Not sure if it was on here or a Google search I read how deep and nieche sponsorship can be some clubs have sponsorship for official car, official male grooming, official post carrier etc. A sponsor for the ground, training kit, get into Europe and get an official flight partner even if the league presses the value down the lack of sponsors in an around the club due to shite direct does lend itself for a sudden cash injection regardless of suppression of the monetary deal. Could all the deals bring in 50/70m a season? Like others have said is that fair or not who knows. 

I think Man-U are the best at it, got a strategic sponsor for almost everything, including an official global mattress and pillow partner 

2 hours ago, NE27 said:

Still not sure how anyone is determining fair value like.

Will they take into account that our sponsors have been unfair value for the club for years? 

Would be totally unfair basing anything on what mike Ashley's version of nufc has done in the past 10 years as he actively throttled us commercially as a club.

I know. Its like if you finish 7th you're only supposed to be able to get the 7th best sponsorship or in that ball park. Meaning everybody stays where everybody is, which is the whole point of the scam.

When McEwans sponsored Blackburn they sponsored a middling 2nd division club. What level of sponsorship were they allowed to give - Premier League champions level or middling second tier level. Its absurd.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I absolutely take your point - but it’s all relative.  Aramco makes average profits of $300m per day - two days profits would completely transform any football club and they wouldn’t blink

That’s not to suggest that they’ll throw those sums at us - but if a successful NUFC is part of a wider plan, they won’t blink.  These organisations and companies are separate institutions in name only - it all goes into the same pot

Football clubs, particularly the successful ones, are barely profitable. A properly run club hardly break-even when it comes to investment. However, investing in football will give you access to an unreachable demographic that is worth your investment. There is a lot to say, but I think the main objective of investing in NUFC is to turn the club into a global brand.

I think Saudi Vision 2030 will play a big part in any decisions, Newcastle playing in a huge state of the art shiny stadium challenging for trophys will be a good profile for international investment as well.

9 hours ago, Mansour said:

Football clubs, particularly the successful ones, are barely profitable. A properly run club hardly break-even when it comes to investment. However, investing in football will give you access to an unreachable demographic that is worth your investment. There is a lot to say, but I think the main objective of investing in NUFC is to turn the club into a global brand.

Absolutely.  The whole ‘football is a business’ line doesn’t work to me - even for profitable clubs, the yield is tiny compared to investment and definitely not worth the risk.  Almost any other business would be a better investment. 

19 hours ago, Mansour said:

I'm sure Newcastle under Ashley was 3rd or 4th most profitable club over the last 10 years. I think I saw it on a Kieran Maguire tweet. I just did a quick search for most profitable PL club but I could only see income