PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Is it definitely to do with compensation? Or are they trying to keep people happy and attempt to do things the correct way? Or at least the perceived correct way.

I know staveley mentioned in her earlier interviews that they were trying to assure other clubs we aren't just going to bulldoze in.

I think its partly that and partly the fact that his role isn't really going to be that much involved in actual individual transfers. Assuming he has the same sort of role he had at Brighton. 

From the Athletic article a few months back they have him down as more of a "big picture" hire, rather than a "there's a really good left back in the Belgian third division we should look at"

Put it this way - I don't think our transfer activity this summer will be vastly different whether Ashworth starts in June or not.

From the article; 

Broadly speaking, he had an overseeing role covering the men’s first team, the women’s team, the academy, loans, medical and sports science departments.

Speaking to The Athletic in February 2020, Ashworth said: “I don’t like hierarchical structures, so I always draw it that the technical director sits in the middle of the wheel and on the outside of the wheel is the head of each department. The job of the technical director is to just keep that wheel spinning."

Signing players was not Ashworth’s primary task and there is little concern on the south coast that Newcastle’s approach will have a detrimental effect on Brighton’s transfer plans or way of operating. 

Edited by Keegans Export

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

That alwaleed is proper buddies with wraith and NCSL fwiw. 

Hope its true but more than likely bullshit. 

100% bullshit.

He’s just another Geordie dentist, where everyone thinks he knows what’s going on because he lives in the country where rumours are coming from. The Geordie dentist largely came to the forefront when BZG were supposed to be interested in buying us.

That is fucking brilliant 👏 

Never looked forward to a season as much since fuck knows when, even in the keegan days there was a feeling that we had a ceiling but now I honestly think we can do anything and there are a lot of clubs shitting themselves.   

We are no longer the laughing stock, you fucking bums

49 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Remember that dark day back in 2020 when the news broke that the deal had collapsed. Never felt so down in my life. 

I was so upset man. So upset. Fuck. 

55 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Remember that dark day back in 2020 when the news broke that the deal had collapsed. Never felt so down in my life. 

I was adamant I was done with the club..

That lasted a week

35 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Great video. 

Dunno if there's a better thread for this question but what's everyone's favourite goal since the takeover? 

Almiron’s, then Willock’s. For emotions probably that Bruno extra time header vs Leicester (?)

57 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I was so upset man. So upset. Fuck. 

I was in London, baking hot day. It was almost old school how I found out- I had consciously stopped following it, so found out while idly browsing the bbc website. Did the usual defence mechanism trick of shoving it deep down and pretending I was enjoying time with my family 

1 hour ago, Joey47 said:

Great video. 

Dunno if there's a better thread for this question but what's everyone's favourite goal since the takeover? 

Not a goal, but when Dubs caught the cross at Leeds in the 94th minute  and lay on it. The relief was just unreal.