PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, macphisto said:

I'm sure Newcastle under Ashley was 3rd or 4th most profitable club over the last 10 years. I think I saw it on a Kieran Maguire tweet. I just did a quick search for most profitable PL club but I could only see income

that is right for some clubs, but certainly not the successful ones. Ashley was actually taking some of the club revenue, which is crazy.

79a243d75f5fac86e6d0da767caa89de.jpg

I think staying in the PL will result in about 100m in itself, which is nice for average teams.

42 minutes ago, Mansour said:

that is right for some clubs, but certainly not the successful ones. Ashley was actually taking some of the club revenue, which is crazy.

79a243d75f5fac86e6d0da767caa89de.jpg

I think staying in the PL will result in about 100m in itself, which is nice for average teams.

And that's not including his free advertising too....

Quite clever this. Saudi give “development money” to Botswana. Perhaps for say infrastructure project or something.Botswana become our sponsor. Very difficult to prove the money is coming from PIF.

Would be great if we could open up an academy similar to that of “right to dream” there.

On 30/05/2022 at 18:02, TheBrownBottle said:

Aren’t Saudia owned by the state?  I’m not sure if the ‘related parties’ / separation thing will rear its ugly head, but you can guarantee a number of clubs will cry foul if we’re sponsored by Saudia next season for a jillion quid a year

Of course, I suspect they could wrap up the PL in litigation as a giant ‘FU’ but Staveley said they intended to play by the rules

It strikes me that we might end up with non-Saudi sponsorship - from large organisations who have or want links to PIF …

Botswana sponsorship was the sort of thing I was on about - chuck several million in sponsorship money, and bag yourself some inward investment from PIF … nowt in writing, of course …

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Anyone else sensing a big day tomorrow?

multiple announcements??

Friday 3.00pm is the usual drill

Edited by HTT II

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The hilarious part of all of this - if it turns out to be the case - is that the Super League Six can’t whinge, as Arsenal have already had a similar arrangement.  :) 

Exactly why they’re doing it, also opens the door for visit Saudi the year after

12 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

You’re telling me Claire’s don’t sell diamonds?

I'll be right pissed off if the £3.50 diamond hair pin I got the missus isn't real diamond like!