PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Thought they were holding state executions at SJP judging by some of the reactions I've seen. 

It's a couple of international friendlies that will get a load of kids and families into the ground for those prices who either can't afford or have access to tickets otherwise. 

Was more annoyed when we had the Rugby and Ed Sheeran there. 

18 minutes ago, jack j said:

Ffp fiddling and not sportswashing

Makes a change

Lol we will be lucky to get a couple of mill, really won’t impact much. 

Let’s just fold the club though so people like Ziegler can be happy. 

46 minutes ago, midds said:

Seemed like an inevitable move eventually. Let's face it, we're owned by a horrible regime and we're going to get a load of stick in the media for the foreseeable. It's the trade off that's been discussed on here many times, if we're happy to accept the benefits of the Saudis pumping millions into the club then we've got to take it on the chin when the (largely justified) criticism comes our way. Don't see how you can have it both ways 

Yep, Faustian pacts and all that.  

1 hour ago, Toontimes said:

My blood pressure is fine (!) but the issue is not what our supporters think about it. It is about the negative publicity it attracts for the club.

Has the takeover not already attracted a certain level of negative publicity though? At this rate I don't think there's much more we can (realistically) do to make the situation any worse than it is. This doesn't do that in my opinion as it was always on the cards. Soon as we had a whiff of the green third shirt we knew what their involvement was going to be like.

I've actually gotten used to the negative stick we get by the press, and i'm numb to it now. I've made peace that we'll get pelters for hosting this at SJP, but I also know that We as a fanbase don't get a say in that matter. 

I get more irked by the roadblocks put in place limited our growth. Just where I am mentally. 

I’ll just laugh at the memes of Holt, Delaney and Pandit’s heads superimposed onto drug addict bodies. Let them keep gnashing and wailing, couldn’t give a shit about their poison pen articles any more.

There could be some positives about this. I don't know if there'd be a large number of travelling fans but it might be a nice opportunity for those who have never visited the region or even the UK to see what we have to offer. Even as a tourist destination, I think we're criminally overlooked and even though I quite like us being Britain's best kept secret, we do have some pretty good stuff. 

On the High Street here we've got the Job Bullman for connoisseurs of high quality food and drink (to have a night off from high quality food and drink). We're just down the road from Scotland for those Costa Ricans who want to remind our friends in the North about the greatest night in fitba history from Italia 90. South Koreans love their technology so they'd have a great time down at the County Durham EPCOT Centre - Beamish: City of the Future. 

7 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Any change of Wor Flags bringing out the rainbow colours for this? Or would that get them in trouble with Amanda?

Don’t think they should get involved personally. Their role is to support

our club by helping to create a cracking atmosphere for our fans and players - they’re nothing to do with international games (don’t think any flags have been done previously for England etc?).

17 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Ughh. Really drives it home that we're deeply associated with a murderous regime. It's a pity, because some not-so-awful billionaire owners could have had us developing just as well.

Show me a clean billionaire and I will show you a unicorn with a 15 inch xxxx

19 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Ughh. Really drives it home that we're deeply associated with a murderous regime. It's a pity, because some not-so-awful billionaire owners could have had us developing just as well.

I'm sure Liverpool or Man U fans would happily swap billionaire owners.

18 minutes ago, Paully said:

Good read this

Excellent thread that, some of us are happy that we have forward thinking owners who are trying to grow us into a big time club. We spent enough time cowering in fear of the Liverpools and Chelseas as a deliberate strategy under the previous regime.

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

The 30m population of Saudi is peanuts compared to the Asian markets, the relationship with the country of Saudi is not about earning more money it’s for the Saudis 

Become a winning team and we'll get a foothold into the Asian markets as well. It's win-win regardless.

3 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Thought they were holding state executions at SJP judging by some of the reactions I've seen. 

It's a couple of international friendlies that will get a load of kids and families into the ground for those prices who either can't afford or have access to tickets otherwise. 

Was more annoyed when we had the Rugby and Ed Sheeran there. 

Used to hold executions at Gallowgate so I believe

Adam P fanning the flames for clicks, pretty low of him. Comments section overwhelmingly supportive of today's announcement to one degree or another from what I can see 

Edited by Barnes23

38 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Adam P fanning the flames for clicks, pretty low of him. Comments section overwhelmingly supportive of today's announcement to one degree or another from what I can see 

Little prick that he is.