PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

All Ziegler does is publish negative articles about the club, mind I would also include that twat Jonathan Lieu in that too.

Ziegler, Roan, Crafton, Lieu and that Spanish fucker whose name escapes me, all hate the Arabs and make no attempt to hide it.

Edit Delaney 

Edited by Whitley mag

If its 2018 then it should be outside current ffp window and not count towards current calculation. Probably doesn't work like that, but it should.

Anyway, I thought we were going to be booted off the planet for this according to the mackems, so it's not too bad considering.

This was a known issue at the time of the takeover so will have been factored in to the deal. 

But for NUFC, my reading of the most recent accounts is that they had already accrued for expected liabilities due to this.

I.e., unless that £6.2m figure was much more than they expected, it should have no real new effect on FFP, since they've already accounted for it.

11 minutes ago, Abacus said:

This was a known issue at the time of the takeover so will have been factored in to the deal. 

But for NUFC, my reading of the most recent accounts is that they had already accrued for expected liabilities due to this.

I.e., unless that £6.2m figure was much more than they expected, it should have no real new effect on FFP, since they've already accounted for it.

I’m sure they would have put a provision in the accounts in anticipation 

26 minutes ago, Mikky said:

They did in June 2017 accounts, although dont think the exact figure was disclosed publically

Edit: Annoyingly its not letting me attach a pdf converted to png

Edited by Fezzle

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

The contingent liabilities note basically says they've accrued for it so probably moved it there from provisions at some point, but that's a nicety due to being more sure of it since 2017, so either way it's accounted for already.

The only thing it does say is that they haven't accounted for anything additional re it (e.g. at a guess, if it was higher than they thought / any additional fines or penalties they weren't expecting, should there be any).

Edited by Abacus

2 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Amazing what happens when the place isn’t plastered with Sh#te D1r@ct and the club isn’t considered a toxic brand anymore. Almost like an allegedly intelligent businessman didn’t realise the licence to print money he had

I'll never, ever understand Ashley's motives.

Selling sporting goods was his core business and as you say, owning us would be a licence to print money. But he took us backwards. 

3 hours ago, bigfella said:

I'll never, ever understand Ashley's motives.

Selling sporting goods was his core business and as you say, owning us would be a licence to print money. But he took us backwards. 

The club was a loss leader for him, he didn’t care and was far happier to enjoy the free advertising for the rest of his tat empire.