PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-united-premier-league-sides-copy-man-city-multi-club-model-1542220?ITO=newsnow

Newcastle and Southampton head a new group of Premier League clubs looking to create a multi-club model to mirror Manchester City’s all-conquering City Football Group.

Southampton, now under the ownership of Sport Republic, are actively exploring the market to buy stakes in other clubs but arguably the most intriguing possibility is Newcastle’s PIF-led consortium creating their own version of the City operation.

It is understood that PIF want a global presence in football and other sports to follow from their Premier League investment. The Magpies are at the very early stages of a complete overhaul of club operations, with a director of football and CEO both set to be appointed soon alongside sizeable investment in infrastructure, the academy and the stadium.

The initial ambition is to transform Newcastle into a club capable of challenging in the Premier League, but in the medium- to long-term the Saudis want to create a portfolio of clubs which is led by the Magpies in a similar way to Manchester City.

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-united-premier-league-sides-copy-man-city-multi-club-model-1542220?ITO=newsnow

Newcastle and Southampton head a new group of Premier League clubs looking to create a multi-club model to mirror Manchester City’s all-conquering City Football Group.

Southampton, now under the ownership of Sport Republic, are actively exploring the market to buy stakes in other clubs but arguably the most intriguing possibility is Newcastle’s PIF-led consortium creating their own version of the City operation.

It is understood that PIF want a global presence in football and other sports to follow from their Premier League investment. The Magpies are at the very early stages of a complete overhaul of club operations, with a director of football and CEO both set to be appointed soon alongside sizeable investment in infrastructure, the academy and the stadium.

The initial ambition is to transform Newcastle into a club capable of challenging in the Premier League, but in the medium- to long-term the Saudis want to create a portfolio of clubs which is led by the Magpies in a similar way to Manchester City.

:pedro:

3 hours ago, Ben said:

What are the clubs around the world that match Newcastle ? The obvious is Newcastle Jets in Australia, Portland Timbers MLS ? Fortuna Düsseldorf ? Boavista ? 

It depends on what you are asking, are you asking about similar cities, or clubs that play in black and white?

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

It depends on what you are asking, are you asking about similar cities, or clubs that play in black and white?

Probably just similar size clubs with the ability to grow with investment 

6 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Ooooh look at me, we had money in the 60's..... pathetic [emoji38]

So, that is how YOU think and that is the reason why YOU would say that.

Fortunately, not many people are as pathetic as you.

My parents were not rich but in 1969 they won a new Colour TV in a competition, and my obvious point is that "Colour TVs existed" in 1969.

I'm sure you knew what I was saying, but you felt like making a stupid comment. Yes - I know - I shouldn't have reacted to you !!!!!!

You shouldn't judge other people by your own standards.

[emoji38]

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

So, that is how YOU think and that is the reason why YOU would say that.

Fortunately, not many people are as pathetic as you.

My parents were not rich but in 1969 they won a new Colour TV in a competition, and my obvious point is that "Colour TVs existed" in 1969.

I'm sure you knew what I was saying, but you felt like making a stupid comment. Yes - I know - I shouldn't have reacted to you !!!!!!

You shouldn't judge other people by your own standards.

[emoji38]

You realise it was a joke, yeah?

8 minutes ago, manorpark said:

No, it was too strongly written (despite the [emoji38] ) to be a joke.

Really? I read it like ”oh this obvious half boring but sometimes fun” joke again. I’ve used it myself in both fun and boring ways. 

I guess sometimes people just decide to read something as a negative thing.

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Really? I read it like ”oh this obvious half boring but sometimes fun” joke again. I’ve used it myself in both fun and boring ways. 

It was not intended like that at all by him. I wish it had been.

11 minutes ago, manorpark said:

No, it was too strongly written (despite the [emoji38] ) to be a joke.

It wasn't strongly written. It's an often enough used standard, copied from RTG I think. There's probably over a hundred example of yhe "pathetic" line on this board alone