PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Can’t do it. Everything now has to go to the Premier League before any announcements. Apparently we were good to go for new deals in December, so there is a huge chance that the Premier League have left it sit on the desk for the last 4 months or rejected those deals and behind the scenes the club is appealing that.

There is no chance FUN 88 will be staying after the end of their contract with us, which is supposed to end at the end of this season.

"A huge chance" is an incredibly paranoid take like.

There's also the chance that if we were to go and get a marquee signing early on then it raises our profile which also raises the price for sponsorship deals etc even under fair value rules.

It only goes to the PL if it’s a related party though, if it’s an outside sponsor with no links to PIF they can pay what they like ?

I have a feeling companies outside of Saudi Arabia who are keen to deal, or have dealings currently with PIF will be the main sponsor. Think we’ll be very clever when it comes to this and be one step ahead of the PL.

51 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

It only goes to the PL if it’s a related party though, if it’s an outside sponsor with no links to PIF they can pay what they like ?

I have a feeling companies outside of Saudi Arabia who are keen to deal, or have dealings currently with PIF will be the main sponsor. Think we’ll be very clever when it comes to this and be one step ahead of the PL.

As I understand it you're right (first paragraph)

I think there could be questions asked if we sign a huge sponsorship deal with (for example) IBM then PIF invest £200m in IBM a month later.

I think the more risk-free strategy is to argue the exact "fair market value" part. Our deal with Fun88 is about average for a non-elite PL club (£4-7m) but could we argue that our potential spending power justifies a sponsorship closer to the £40m clubs like Arsenal and Spurs are getting? Let's say we have Saudi Aramco sign up for 2 seasons, £30m per season - there's £20‐25m extra per season straight away.

After the second season, maybe the going rate increases & hopefully we're a more attractive prospect and they bump that £30m per season up to whatever Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea are getting? Sleve sponsorship is the same, most clubs around the £1m/season, top clubs more like £10m.

8 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

As I understand it you're right (first paragraph)

I think there could be questions asked if we sign a huge sponsorship deal with (for example) IBM then PIF invest £200m in IBM a month later.

I think the more risk-free strategy is to argue the exact "fair market value" part. Our deal with Fun88 is about average for a non-elite PL club (£4-7m) but could we argue that our potential spending power justifies a sponsorship closer to the £40m clubs like Arsenal and Spurs are getting? Let's say we have Saudi Aramco sign up for 2 seasons, £30m per season - there's £20‐25m extra per season straight away.

After the second season, maybe the going rate increases & hopefully we're a more attractive prospect and they bump that £30m per season up to whatever Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea are getting? Sleve sponsorship is the same, most clubs around the £1m/season, top clubs more like £10m.

Then look at "partnerships" etc as well. Liverpool for example https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/partners

Edited by madras

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

It still has to be fair value even if it isn’t a related party

I would think if any top PL club has a deal at (say) £30m, there’s no way anyone could argue that we couldn’t have that too.

Maybe a percentage here or there because we’re not as visible globally (yet), but nothing that would bother a court. 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, madras said:

I've asked this before and dont think it fot an answer but even with fair value is their any limit to the amount of partnerships we can have ?

Good question, my own would be if I’m a company and offer 100m over 5 years to sponsor the NUFC shirt, how the fuck can the PL say no? They can’t!

19 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Good question, my own would be if I’m a company and offer 100m over 5 years to sponsor the NUFC shirt, how the fuck can the PL say no? They can’t!

They won’t say no @£20m a season, they would suspect some dodgy dealings if a company came in and offered £50m a season over 5 years

1 hour ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Dude Wipes! :laugh:

I laugh...but I'll not be happy until they're one of our regional partners. Dude wipes =  :sweetjesus:

:lol: 

Could arrange the deal so they stock some in SJP bogs. Be a pleasant addition. 

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m happy with that, but I guarantee we will spend big money, maybe not on the likes of washed up players like Bale, but more on your Brunos and that’s exactly what we should be doing!