PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There absolutely will be.  FFP, not the owners’ wealth, dictates this. 

Yeah I’m not grotesquely stupid, every business in the world has limits on spending, NUFC are no different. However, the notion that it’s as well defined as 60-80m plus incoming from sales is naive at best. They’ve been fed that line multiple times before and they go for it every time.

FFP is the deciding factor, but even the most cautious/pessimistic journos (Edwards, Hope etc) have come out and said they're hearing at least 100m, likely closer to 150m. Which feels about right given we were supposedly pushing our FFP limit, but then got CL and a vastly increased sponsorship deal. I do think this will be the last 'big' window for a couple years. Think at the end of the Summer they will be hoping to have a squad that can consistently challenge for top 4. Once we've spent a few seasons in Europe/brought in more sponsor deals/new kit manufacturer etc I can then see them going again to get the squad into a position where it can push for the league. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Yeah I’m not grotesquely stupid, every business in the world has limits on spending, NUFC are no different. However, the notion that it’s as well defined as 60-80m plus incoming from sales is naive at best. They’ve been fed that line multiple times before and they go for it every time.

Aye it makes no sense at all. £150m is just code for "a decent window" really [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Of course it’ll be defined, man. Will it be advertised to journalists? No, but how can you successfully navigate a transfer window when you don’t know your budget? 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Stolen from Twitter:

"Forbes relays Newcastle is the biggest gainer in this year's most-valuable club list: now worth $794 million, 51% more than last year."

Such a good investment for the PIF. let’s see how much Manchester United go for. Or remember they committed about 5b for Chelsea :lol:

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Stolen from Twitter:

"Forbes relays Newcastle is the biggest gainer in this year's most-valuable club list: now worth $794 million, 51% more than last year."

So about £640m - not a bad return (so far) on a £350m investment, even factoring in a £70m loss in the first full accounting year. 

Just now, BonesJones said:

Does that make Ashley a fucking fool then?

It makes him a Man with absolutely zero vision.  But he got what he wanted which was free advertising for his shitty store. 

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Stolen from Twitter:

Guess who wins again. Oh...

9 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

A half decent performance in Europe and a solid domestic campaign and I don't see why not, assuming we add some assets in the summer/January. 

West Ham are just over $1bn - do they own their stadium or do they just lease it?

They rent it for varnigh fuck all but are rumoured to be favourable to buying it outright. Whole things been, yet another, tory debacle

4 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

How are Palace worth £806m!? That seems inordinately high. 

I was surprised by that as well. It's usually a gang of West Ham, Everton, Aston Villa and Leicester (for Leicester it's obvious why not now) below the top 6.