PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

So was leicesters problems because they actually had no money or was it FFP? 

Was FFP by all accounts. Owner more than willing to spend, but they had their hands tied by FFP after chasing the top 6 for so long.

50 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Was FFP by all accounts. Owner more than willing to spend, but they had their hands tied by FFP after chasing the top 6 for so long.

Thank god for FFP protecting the non-elite clubs.

Just now, Rich said:

£25M per season, according to reports. Seventh highest in the league by a decent margin, but still at least £15M off the lowest of the "big six".

How many of those are new deals ? That would give a better comparison.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Knock this one down as another miss hit from Wraith’s Dubai Tooth Fairy who supposedly knows everything that goes on in the Arab world.

He’s a fucking idiot. Arrogant in the extreme and about as connected as a lamp without a plug.

There's a bit of uproar knocking about in the usual places about this deal, and Sela being backed heavily by PIF. I'm sure I don't need to add the usual caveats on this forum about who PIF are, before I roll out the whataboutery, I appreciate nuance and we can leave that there.

Sports Direct 'sponsored' us didn't they? Albeit not on the shirts... They were also owned by the same entity that had the controlling share (100%) in our club, the only difference being the amount that sponsorship yielded, where was the twitter / reddit outrage then? We've signed a sponsorship deal, which I believe is placed at 7th in the league, after finishing 4th, and yet there are some people knocking about crying (not here I don't think) over the 'large sum' and where it's come from, bewildering.