PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

19 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Apologies if this has been posted and discussed, but I saw this during a morning browse...

Amanda Staveley is alleged to have failed to repay a loan of more than £35m that dates back to over a decade...?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/06/23/newcastle-united-owner-amanda-staveley-bankruptcy-row/

If only she knew someone with fuck loads of money to make this go away. 

That article talks of the threat of Bankruptcy, and yesterday PCP changed its name on companies house? Linked?

Also, the loan seems to be from 2008 when she worked on the Barclays thing, that she then lost the damages case for. Maybe she intended to pay it off if she won that, but then, didn't.

But hopefully a storm in a teacup, and as said above, this can go away for her in one form or other.

46 minutes ago, christ said:

For all the whinging I genuinely think that FFP has been good for us.

The way PIF are currently running the Saudi clubs gives a glimpse into what we could have expected had there been no limits on what we could spend. And I’m not sure it would’ve paid dividends.

I agree, this is more fun. Also if we were spending untold amounts on players funded entirely by PIF it could end in a moments notice. With the way the club is being built now even if PIF lose interest or want to cash in in a decade we will likely be an extremely strong club with significant revenues and spending capabilities.

5 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Aye defo, they’ve saved it for now. 

Scary how much they’ve transformed us and it feels like we’ve seen nothing yet. 

Would be a great track pre match. “Ba, ba, ba, ba,baby, you just ain’t seen nothing yet!”

Which outlet has led you to believe that? Most if not all of the reporting I’ve read has been accurate in regards to our ownership structure.

Sure PIF has made the headlines but that is good reporting based on the fact they are the 80% majority owners and the fact they are the controversial element of the consortium.

10 minutes ago, Stifler said:

PIF are apparently interested in Santos who are in financial trouble and looking to be bailed out.

Yes please. Huge and popular club. And play in B&W. Source?