PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Ahe said early on that her share could be possibly diluted. When it happens, I wonder if she becomes an employee for the club or just becomes a fan. 

I think she’ll keep the contract they have to effectively run the club

20 minutes ago, duo said:

Watching that Netflix show on City - man their training ground is unreal.  One day - one day.

I have every hope we get plans on this by the end of the season

It's interesting that we don't much talk about the Reubens. There has been some debate about what PIF's intentions are re Newcastle - a sustainable investment or a PR exercise, or some mix of the two.

You'd guess that for the Reubens it's more an investment. Maybe mixed with some element of interest in property redevelopment with the land and St James's etc.

13 minutes ago, McCormick said:

It’s definitely a long-term investment in all the eyes of all of our owners. 

I think Yassir clearly says that and with him as Chairman it definitely means PIF take this seriously.

Long term investment, pretty easy one too considering the value of it will go up and up with the saudi investment. Equally they are in property business in newcastle, if PIF want to invest in city, who are they going to do business with from now on whom knows the area has contacts and already has lots of property? Got to be one of the easiest decisions to invest they could possibly get

6 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Reubens up to 14.7%, Staveley down to 5.3%

10% of £300m now 5.3% of £700m (I'd say that was a fair value of the club)

So she's still up on the deal, and will continue to be for some time. 

Would suggest (I think) that they are no longer going to be involved in the day-to-day running of the club?

Edit - although it isn't the same company as this one which releases the annual accounts and so on

Edited by Keegans Export

Definitely sone lawyerings going on. Surely must have some connection to the various claims she has against her. Club trying to distance itself from that etc..

Was reading through the recent Q&A session with NUFC journalists on The Athletic and there still doesn’t appear to be any movement on a new training facility. 

The refurbishment of Benton apparently has us up to “bottom-half PL level”, but no further developments seem to be happening.

Appreciate these are long-term, complex infrastructure projects, however I was hoping for more progress on definite plans at this stage and it’s a bit of a disappointment that we’re not further ahead on it.

Seems like (to an external observer) the wider infrastructure projects have stalled somewhat - St James expansion feasibility study outcome, NUFC academy, NUFC women’s facilities etc.

That's a shame. I don't mind the physical development taking a couple of years. There was no point in making upgrades on Benton if we were moving into new training facilities within the next year or so anyway, but I would have hoped they were in advanced stages of planning the development of a new training facility and in discussions with potential contractors by now.