PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

15 hours ago, ManDoon said:

It’s the relegation fear for me. I can’t relax because I think the PL will fuck us. I really think it’s massively important we stay up. Crucial imo 

I'm not so sure on what they could do legally. I mean, they themselves just a few months ago approved the deal. If they change the rules would they actually try and stop teams from being promoted? I think anything that came in before the rules will be fine and it'll be deals that happen after the change that will fail. The PL trying to stop us getting promoted would be an incredible move and one I'm sure that would get laughed out of court, I really can't see it happening. 

Unless you mean other changes that could pass while we don't have a seat at the table, although I think they'd pass anyway because its us and maybe only City and Chelsea who'd be against them. 

Edited by Decky

There seems to be an element of shock/surprise from journalists regarding our trip to KSA and I’m not sure if it’s put on, or just stupidity on their part.

It’s clearly a sportswashing exercise and I’m not going to attempt to defend it but to me, it was blindingly obvious it was going to happen as soon as we were taken over. Tell me I’m wrong?

Guest Biggsbond14
1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

There seems to be an element of shock/surprise from journalists regarding our trip to KSA and I’m not sure if it’s put on, or just stupidity on their part.

It’s clearly a sportswashing exercise and I’m not going to attempt to defend it but to me, it was blindingly obvious it was going to happen as soon as we were taken over. Tell me I’m wrong?

Think your spot on but not about sport washing more to “ showing off your new bird “ but looks like Bella Emberg , in reality I think bad idea and think if it was still Bruce managing and he took us there ? I think we would be up in arms and personally I don’t think they deserve to go there on what they have done so far .

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I just saw Pep's press conference where a journalist announced that Newcastle are going to Saudi Arabia, and would he be doing the same, and he said no. 

To me the question reeked of jealousy and resentment constant with the general disillusionment that we are challenging the big boys now. But I must stress, this is just my interpretation. 

20 minutes ago, Biggsbond14 said:

Think your spot on but not about sport washing more to “ showing off your new bird “ but looks like Bella Emberg , in reality I think bad idea and think if it was still Bruce managing and he took us there ? I think we would be up in arms and personally I don’t think they deserve to go there on what they have done so far .

A week away from our shite facilities will do them some good. Maybe inspire one or two of them.

Guest Biggsbond14
15 minutes ago, TRon said:

I just saw Pep's press conference where a journalist announced that Newcastle are going to Saudi Arabia, and would he be doing the same, and he said no. 

To me the question reeked of jealousy and resentment constant with the general disillusionment that we are challenging the big boys now. But I must stress, this is just my interpretation. 

Sounds to me it’s just they aren’t going 😂 why the fuck would he bothered about us when he will be long gone before we have any chance of challenging them in any shape or form , the journalists question is totally unnecessary as has no context to there next game and if he reacted to it he is within his rights if he appears agitated 

I still don’t get why we have to cynically bring ‘sportswashing’ into everything? 

if they want to improve their reputation that’s fine surely? They’re hardly going to hide their human rights abuses through becoming more relevant to us. It’s always a commercial move anyway rather than trying to please westerners. 

45 minutes ago, Biggsbond14 said:

It's Saudi Arabia, you can't even get a drink there. I don't think it's a reward :lol:

Guest Biggsbond14
Just now, triggs said:

It's Saudi Arabia, you can't even get a drink there. I don't think it's a reward :lol:

With a bit of luck shelvey will get sun stroke so it’s a win 😎

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It feels like the "backlash" is being entirely manufactured by the likes of Mr Edwards.

I saw a tweet from Philippe Auclair that when translated was basically like “yet the PL led us to believe there’s no link between the government and PIF!”

Of course there is. We know there is. It’s not new information. Stop trying to look clever.

Bird’s also gasping for Howe to take a stand against it. He’s being paid by them, it’s not going to fucking happen lad.

14 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Are there any in our squad that are big boozers?

I'd always assumed Clark and Shelvey are but I dont know where I've got that from.

From the way they play?

Shelvey is generally like a hungover sluggard and Clark is like a still drunk the morning after daydreamer.

34 minutes ago, Biggsbond14 said:

Sounds to me it’s just they aren’t going 😂 why the fuck would he bothered about us when he will be long gone before we have any chance of challenging them in any shape or form , the journalists question is totally unnecessary as has no context to there next game and if he reacted to it he is within his rights if he appears agitated 

I was talking about the journalist, not Pep, obviously he wouldn't give a fuck. 

Guest Biggsbond14
21 minutes ago, TRon said:

I was talking about the journalist, not Pep, obviously he wouldn't give a fuck. 

Ah right I apologise I read it wrong 👍

Guest Biggsbond14
13 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Superb timing for an announcement.

🥲bloody war takes innocent lives

At this point it's probably best we go - if the PIF are going to engage with the players or anything, even better - if were spiralling down into the championship you want the 80% ownership to actually feel some connection and stay interested. 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Seems spurious. She's gone out of her way to thank him for helping the takeover to go through.

I don't think £10 would be spurious to that grasping fat bastard.