PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

36 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

From a purely footballing perspective jet lagging our players isn't something we need like [emoji38]

10 days to get over it, after today we have 19 days off 

Seems strange that Staveley is going. Surely it will make completing transfers even harder? I know its a team effort but it's just another hindrance having her a few thousand miles away.

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

10 days to get over it, after today we have 19 days off 

Jet lag is a pretty big thing though, it completely sets your clock out of whack. It can be mitigated like with proper regimented sleep patterns and that.

We need to do stuff like this to generate revenue though, obviously.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

21 minutes ago, STM said:

Seems strange that Staveley is going. Surely it will make completing transfers even harder? I know its a team effort but it's just another hindrance having her a few thousand miles away.

She has instant access to PIF though if there is a requirement for quicker decisions in terms of increased offers. 

9 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Could use her for phone / laptop for transfer dealings ? 

Dunno like. She’s obviously been flying out to Seville and Lille every other day for the past month to put all these bids in personally. 
not to mention all the reports of “multiple deals being negotiated simultaneously”. She must have body doubles to do all the work face to face. 

I’m usually a bit suspicious of ‘warm weather training camps’ as it sounds like an excuse for a bit of a jolly. No chance of that happening in Saudi. Facilities will be light years ahead of our training ground too. In that regard I don’t see any issues with it.

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

She has instant access to PIF though if there is a requirement for quicker decisions in terms of increased offers. 

It’s a good opportunity to get them more intimately involved with the club too. Whet their appetite a little bit. Show them the day to day, allow them to see how shit we are in person.

Doing our own thing and there being a disconnect with KSA would be a bad thing.. if we go down we need to ensure that they are invested enough to make it work. A successful trip could well add much needed funds for last minute transfers too, it’s a PR exercise but so be it.

Weather is beautiful right now but I’d worry about the fact that undocumented Covid cases are currently rampant in the country.

I imagine they’ll be training at the Al-Hilal training center too which, depressingly, is much better than our current set-up.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

I imagine they’ll be training at the Al-Hilal training center too which, depressingly, is much better than our current set-up.

I’d imagine there are very few professional training facilities which aren’t as bad as ours, in fairness. It was only in the last year or two that we were using wheelie bins and paddling pools, ffs.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Dunno like. She’s obviously been flying out to Seville and Lille every other day for the past month to put all these bids in personally. 
not to mention all the reports of “multiple deals being negotiated simultaneously”. She must have body doubles to do all the work face to face. 

Think of how much longer her carrier pigeon will take to fly from Riyadh, it's madness.