PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

The greatness thing I’ve ever had. Still fond memories of My first ever Pie Face in Brisbane from 9 years ago.

This is huge if true. Lived here for nearly five years and never tried this place, always avoided it because I assumed it would be shite. 

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

It does come close to pies you get at home but honestly nothing beats Twice Brewed steak pie near sycamore gap.

Do they still do a great steak pie? 

My sister used to work there in the early 80s when I was about 13 and that was my favourite thing on the menu.

That and helping myself to a cheeky half pint of beer when they were quiet.

14 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

That’s part of the problem, the stinking food must cost less than 20p a portion so the mark up is massive for the club.

Not for the club. Sodexo Prestige is what shows on your bank statement when you buy any food or drink inside the ground.

22 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Do they still do a great steak pie? 

My sister used to work there in the early 80s when I was about 13 and that was my favourite thing on the menu.

That and helping myself to a cheeky half pint of beer when they were quiet.

It’s a puff pastry topped hot pot really but absolutely loaded with steak.

Not the cheapest meal you’ll have anytime soon, if it’s not £20 it’s not far off.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

It’s a puff pastry topped hot pot really but absolutely loaded with steak.

Not the cheapest meal you’ll have anytime soon, if it’s not £20 it’s not far off.

This is my ultimate disappointment when I get a "pie" [emoji38]:undecided:

Sure it's a lush hotpot, but a pies a pie you know.

25 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not for the club. Sodexo Prestige is what shows on your bank statement when you buy any food or drink inside the ground.

It does seem like a bit of a no-brainer to get Greggs and one of the local breweries to knock out at least some of the food and booze in the ground.

The problem for any established fast food chain is that they’ll get pilloried for whacking the prices up while cannibalising their existing customer base.

Much more hassle than it’s worth for what is essentially a few hours worth of additional sales every other Saturday.

2 minutes ago, christ said:

The problem for any established fast food chain is that they’ll get pilloried for whacking the prices up while cannibalising their existing customer base.

Much more hassle than it’s worth for what is essentially a few hours worth of additional sales every other Saturday.

Arent the current pies by Dicksons ?

Hehe, had to go back a few pages to see why this thread was discussing all things pastry wrapped.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Pies ? The George in Keswick takes some beating.

Oh aye, had a wedge of their 'Cow Pie' once in the lakes, proper desparate dan stuff.

My granda was a master baker and my dad was a baker. So I was brought up on pies and am something of an afficionado.

Kennedy & Rhind in Jesmond are knocking out some hand made bangers, had a takeaway beauty from there last week.

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 hours ago, madras said:

Arent the current pies by Dicksons ?

I’ve nee idea. Assume they’re bought in from somewhere but Sodexo will mark them up. A bit different from Greggs themselves opening a kiosk in the stadium and charging twice as much for a steak bake than in Eldon Square.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Was just gonna post that. 'Partnered with'. The photos being taken around the ground and on the Millenium Bridge would suggest more than a 'Partnering' agrrement. Reckon these could still be one of/the major sponsors after this season.

EDIT: First reply from the club, this is the promo video they shot...

Edited by TK-421