PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, but I mean a meal somewhere like the Emirates is about £12, pasties are small fry. Even hideously inflated pasties. 

I make me own cheese n bacon wraps. 

Aldi puff pastry (makes 6) £1.05

Aldi streaky bacon             £1.35

Aldi cheese, 100g @          £0.65

20 mins @ 180°                 £354.85

Bargain

27 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Should sell Greggs inside SJP. Guess it’s too cheap though. 

Just imagine the business it would get man? Thousands of fans smashing steak bakes and sosijj rolls at HT and in the stands. Virtually no queues either - bang, bang, bang, knock them out and rake it in. They're both missing a trick here tbph

4 minutes ago, midds said:

Just imagine the business it would get man? Thousands of fans smashing steak bakes and sosijj rolls at HT and in the stands. Virtually no queues either - bang, bang, bang, knock them out and rake it in. They're both missing a trick here tbph

They could easy overprice them and they’d be bought.

6 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

They could easy overprice them and they’d be bought.

30% mark up and they'd still fly out imo. £11 for one of the stinking hot dogs or burgers with chips or about £4 for a steak bake and a pasty? No brainer

20 minutes ago, midds said:

30% mark up and they'd still fly out imo. £11 for one of the stinking hot dogs or burgers with chips or about £4 for a steak bake and a pasty? No brainer

That’s part of the problem, the stinking food must cost less than 20p a portion so the mark up is massive for the club.

Often wondered why famous fast food outlets aren’t in more stadia.

Must be a cost of machinery vs use issue.  No point in fitting a McDonald’s kitchen somewhere that’s only going to be used less than 100 times a year max (Wembley).

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

Often wondered why famous fast food outlets aren’t in more stadia.

Must be a cost of machinery vs use issue.  No point in fitting a McDonald’s kitchen somewhere that’s only going to be used less than 100 times a year max (Wembley).

Went to watch an Orlando City game a few weeks ago to have a break from Disney with the kids. They had a Pizza Hut in the concourse :lol: 

3 hours ago, midds said:

in good American stadiums and arenas they’d do just that. Get the cult local spots to open up stands and promote local biz and get out of the rank concession biz 

29 minutes ago, Kanji said:

in good American stadiums and arenas they’d do just that. Get the cult local spots to open up stands and promote local biz and get out of the rank concession biz 

They could even make the stuff in the shops in the city and just deliver them 1 van load at a time, keep them warm and just knock them out, no need to bake loads of stuff on site. They're virtually lava for about an hour anyway. It's not exactly haute cuisine either but it is incredibly popular up here

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

We got quoted one mill to just open a conversation about getting our brewery a stand at Red Rocks. :lol: 

There is definitely money to be made. 

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I sometimes wonder if I’m the only Geordie on earth who thinks that Greggs food tastes bland and is guaranteed heartburn.

Milligans was always the better Newcastle bakery chain.  How Greggs went national is a mystery to me

Just better at business and marketing I guess but I do vividly remember sitting in Milligan’s as a kid in the Metro decades back. Greggs has done a lot of decent local bakers in too, very much by design. 

28 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I sometimes wonder if I’m the only Geordie on earth who thinks that Greggs food tastes bland and is guaranteed heartburn.

Milligans was always the better Newcastle bakery chain.  How Greggs went national is a mystery to me

You in Oz, aye? PieFace trumps all.

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Pie face is fantastic - beats Greggs into a cocked hat.

I only go once every couple of months.  Terrified that I’ll get an addiction to it

I know it's off thread but, whilst we're talking pastries, we visited Tintagel Castle earlier this year and right outside the entrance is a bakery. 

The cornish pasty I got from there was sublime. Absolutely sublime.