Newcastle United v Southampton 3pm k/o Saturday 28th August SJP

GWN

5 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Nothing but another impotent display up front and inept at the back. A few more like this and the crowd might think about stopping asking for a wave.

Unlikely 

It’s a lovely day out 

18 hours ago, Beth said:

1-2

When's the last time we lost the first 3 league games in a season?

Edit: 99/00 under Gullit.

How will Edwards and the Steve Bruce pundit fan club spin that.

Not that it matters now the lucky get has an international break to take the pressure off.

Christ lads, is it that bad. Just came in to find out how youse are feeling about the game and it looks like we’re going to have another 8-0. I thought our lot were pessimistic but you lot are beaten down.

For our lot I think we would take a score draw, truly. We are not a good side. We have lost our spine. Ings, Vesterguard. Throw a few crosses in and it could be a easy win. Christ if you get Carroll in on a pay as you play ringer you could romp it.

10 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Christ lads, is it that bad. Just came in to find out how youse are feeling about the game and it looks like we’re going to have another 8-0. I thought our lot were pessimistic but you lot are beaten down.

For our lot I think we would take a score draw, truly. We are not a good side. We have lost our spine. Ings, Vesterguard. Throw a few crosses in and it could be a easy win. Christ if you get Carroll in on a pay as you play ringer you could romp it.

You are a poor side with a competent manager. We are a poor side with an incompetent one. 

42 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Hope Armstrong gets a brace and you beat us to nil.

And welcome! 

Edited by Danh1

Guest HTT II
41 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Yous will be fine this season, I’m sure of that. Oh and welcome to our forum.

Edited by HTT II

42 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Welcome. Stick around, always good having perspectives from other fans. You coming up for the match? 

Be keen to know how the depression on this place ranks across other clubs' message boards. :lol: Pretty highly I imagine, but then not many clubs are totally zombified...

Would nay be surprised if this mirrored last seasons game (minus calamity injuries). They’ll look the better team but we’re a bit more ruthless infront of goal. Two fairly dogshit teams. 1-1.

Guest HTT II

They looked decent against Man Utd second half mind, and clearly have good players and their manager is at least competent. A routine home loss for Brucies boys…

43 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Welcome. Stick around, always good having perspectives from other fans. You coming up for the match? 

Be keen to know how the depression on this place ranks across other clubs' message boards. :lol: Pretty highly I imagine, but then not many clubs are totally zombified...

Tbf, the depression here ranks pretty damn high, I like to jump on the other teams forum b4 the game to get a feel for the fans. Not into the petty rivalry bs.

For perspective Id say we are sailing around in the Doldrums at the mo, only spending what we bring in. Our chairman is an absentee Chinese gangster who we would like rid of but he lets the management team get on with it.

we have a very good management team from top to bottom and it has taken around four transfer windows to rectify Les reeds recruitment folly’s. 

As as a small fish in a big pond we spent out big on colossal failures like Carrillo, Hoedt, Lemina and only now are we getting around to building a squad again.

we have lost big players but kept the ones we wanted and are on the upward trajectory so see positives ahead.

As for you guys, it’s a clusterfuck we see from the outside. Such a shame because I’d say Newcastle are one of the teams most would not begrudge having a bit of glory. I see the best outcome for Newcastle would be the Leicester model. I don’t think any fan would want to become a corporate whore like the ones we can guess. Man City have lost their club so I could see you might be conflicted/ maybe not about the Middle East takeover saga.

Good luck for the game and I hope we smash you!