Watford 1-1 Newcastle United (25/09/21)

Disco

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Norwich.

Norwich were better than Watford in the Championship last season. I think at best we'll draw with them :lol:

In instances where we should be winning games we are now getting draws instead. This is a very bad sign.

I wasn't that confident Murphy would score, it wasn't an easy angle with the keeper out like that - but he can't be missing it like that :lol:

Feel at least like we're back in some banter years with this mad football, rather than some of the purely boring misery. Hopefully some more training ground drama coming too.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

9 minutes ago, Lenny said:

That does take some effort to not win that game. Watford were as bad an opposition as I've seen for a long time.

When you can't score goals, winning becomes pretty hard work. 

The old cliche: good teams find ways to win even when playing badly.

Well, the opposite is true for us today. The bad teams find ways not to win even when they’ve had so much go their way. Watford did everything in their power to give us at least a two-goal head start at HT. Murphy at the end, too. That’s why we’re going down.

5 minutes ago, BlackandWhite said:

The old cliche: good teams find ways to win even when playing badly.

Well, the opposite is true for us today. The bad teams find ways not to win even when they’ve had so much go their way. Watford did everything in their power to give us at least a two-goal head start at HT. Murphy at the end, too. That’s why we’re going down.

I actually don't think we will. I think there will be three teams worse than us, which is the aim of the club at the moment. Our squad is better than the current position in my opinion. We just lack management, facilities, investment. I think that even with Bruce in charge this group of players should stay up. 

That in itself is tragic as we will continue on this cycle while Ashley is in charge and aim for 17th every year. 

Edited by Bintang

1 minute ago, Bintang said:

I actually don't think we will. I think there will be three teams worse than us, which is the aim of the club at the moment. Our squad is better than the current position in my opinion. We just lack management, facilities, investment. I think thay even with Bruce in charge this group of players should stay up. 

That in itself is tragic as we will continue on this cycle while Ashley is in charge and aim for 17th every year. 

This is the false economy of it. A better manager than Bruce would have us comfortable in the Premier League. Probably playing watchable football with that squad. But Cashley is a fucking moron!