Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Newcastle United (02/10/21)

Disco

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There's no will left for poison or for supporting the team, people are broken. They go out of habit. 

A lot of old timers and radgies have packed in long before now. What you have left now are customers in the main - just happy to tell their pals they go to PL matches. They will disappear sharp in the championship.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

A lot of old timers and radgies have packed in long before now. What you have left now are customers in the main - just happy to tell their pals they go to PL matches. They will disappear sharp in the championship.

The likes who post photos on FB in full kit wanker mode, then a pic of the pitch just before KO and with a half-time 6 quid warm plastic beaker of piss on some wooden bench inside the ground a dead pigeon wouldn’t even be seen dead on. And then when we don’t win they will go on FB and slag the owner, the players, the manager, the atmosphere…. Fuck them!

3 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

In thirty years when people are  living in underground bunkers, food scarce, little to no hope ,  at least fans  can say, “this isn’t so bad, I was a Newcastle fan in the Bruce era.”

Thirty years? I think you're underestimating Brexit - We've already got the scarce food and little to no hope. :lol:

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Have to say like. He gets a lot of praise on here, but for me, I just don’t get the fuss about Almiron. He just never does anything.

I will never understand this sentiment, the notion that “actually they’re not good players.” Good players will never play to the best of their abilities if they’re led by a terrible manager and playing in a dysfunctional side. We do have players of genuine quality in our squad who are being criminally misused.

Look no further than what Rafa is doing at Everton, getting career-best performances out of Gray, Townsend, Allan, etc. Not one of those players would look good playing for us under Steve Bruce.

My dad still goes. He's semi-retired and it's main way he sees his mates, and it's a habit of>30 years. He's stopped bothering with away matches, and he boycotted when there was an organized boycott for that Arsenal match. He's half talked about packing it in - he sees the pointlessness - but I don't see him going through with it.

Almiron has gone from being a number 10 with a bit of flair to now a hard-working defensive winger on the wrong side

And there's only one person to blame for that

Edited by joeyt

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Almiron has gone from being a number 10 with a bit of flair to now a hard-working defensive winger on the wrong side

And there's only one person to blame for that

Yeah his use by Bruce coupled with that person's ability to coach them to be worse is a lot of the cause of Almiron. He will do better when we have a real manager using him right.

17 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Lol still pouring money into the fatmans pockets ( ok yes this is an away game but you know what i mean :  )

Although I do like Wraith and enjoy listening to his NUFC matters podcasts it is a little bit weird going to an away match with a 16 year old lass he met online

Edited by Pokerprince2004

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Why do you like Wraith?

Understand he is not everyone's cup of tea but found his NUFC Matters show a good evening watch especially during lockdown. Love hearing Gibbo on thursdays (probably the best local journo for me) and enjoyed him getting Jacobs, Keith etc to help fans with the takeover 

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

I will never understand this sentiment, the notion that “actually they’re not good players.” Good players will never play to the best of their abilities if they’re led by a terrible manager and playing in a dysfunctional side. We do have players of genuine quality in our squad who are being criminally misused.

Look no further than what Rafa is doing at Everton, getting career-best performances out of Gray, Townsend, Allan, etc. Not one of those players would look good playing for us under Steve Bruce.

I just don’t see the fuss about him. Even under Rafa he had more quiet games than good games. His main contribution is he runs around plenty. But if that running doesn’t offer anything then it’s all a bit pointless. Just don’t think he is as good as he is built up. 

27 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I just don’t see the fuss about him. Even under Rafa he had more quiet games than good games. His main contribution is he runs around plenty. But if that running doesn’t offer anything then it’s all a bit pointless. Just don’t think he is as good as he is built up. 

He's had his best games for us in his actual position: in the middle behind the striker. Under Benitez he tended to be on the left of the attacking 3 in a 3-4-3, Bruce has played him for the majority of his tenure on either flank, and this season in centre midfield. :lol: In his position is also where is output is greatest: WBA away FA Cup in 19-20, scores a brace, plays a key part in our third goal, gets taken off by Bruce, we fall to bits. The run of games after the restart; Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, West Ham; scored and/or assisted in those games. Southampton at home last season, scores a brace. But then never gets played there again. 

Utilised correctly he is a very useful player at this level. Bruce never will have the mental capacity to do so, Benitez played him in a role that suited the side we had at the time but we didn't get to see him at his best because of that role.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

The worst part is I miss our 2011 team under Pardew because of this shit house manager.

Pardew gave us some terrible times, but at least at times he had some idea what was going on.

These three Bruce years in charge have served up the worse football I have seen. You can count on one hand how many good performances there have been and that’s me trying to make a positive statement - we are just utter shit and it’s infuriating 

I really dislike the Pardew revisionism fuelled by the Bruce misery. He didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing half the time. He perhaps had a morsel more of a tactical brain but he was making terrible decisions every single week. 

They're two peas in a pod, for me, but as I've said a bunch of times on here - we wouldn't even have Bruce if it weren't for Pardew and his legacy.