Amanda Staveley

Paully

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/amanda-staveley-newcastle-takeover-saudi-arabia

No jewel, though, has ever quite captured her heart the way Newcastle United did when, almost exactly four years ago, she arrived at St James’ Park to watch Rafael Benítez’s then team draw 1-1 with Liverpool. “I fell madly in love,” she says. “Newcastle’s unique; it’s like a fantastic gem which needs buffing up at every level.”

At the time Staveley and her husband, Mehrdad Ghodoussi, were exploring the idea of forming a consortium to buy a football club. “We looked at Liverpool and it didn’t work but when I came away from that game four years ago I went to our friends in PIF [Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund] and said: ‘This is the only club we can ever buy.’”

“Football’s inclusive to all, that’s the great thing about it,” says Staveley. “I understand and appreciate all the messages on human rights and we treat them very seriously. But I wouldn’t bring partners into the consortium if they didn’t have the right record and PIF is autonomous and independent of the Saudi government. PIF owns Newcastle, not the Saudi state.

“In buying Newcastle PIF are not going to hide and we’re proud of them; we need, strong, brave, partners. I love brave, passionate, people, that’s how I do business.” While Yasir al-Rumayyan, PIF’s governor, serves as Newcastle’s non-executive chairman, Jamie Reuben’s family business will be responsible for investing hundreds of millions of pounds of Saudi money into regeneration projects across the north-east.

“We want to see more investment in the north of England, levelling up’s part of the agenda,” stressed Staveley before conversation switches to spending on players.

Her six-year-old son might beg to differ but she knows a club currently second bottom of the Premier League needs more than mere big-name signings: “We’re in the market to compete for world-class players but we need the right infrastructure. They must have the right training ground, the right medical facilities.” While the 52,000 capacity St James’ Park “needs a little bit more love” the team’s antiquated training ground is arguably in need of pulling down.

“It’s really awful,” agrees Staveley. “There’s no point having fantastic players if there’s nowhere suitable for them to train.

“PIF have great ambition but this is a long-term investment and things take time. To reach the top of the Premier League you don’t just need great players, you need robust, strong foundations – and we have to build them. You need a strong academy, we want to see lots of local lads playing here, that’s huge for us.”

“This is a great team and they shouldn’t be in 19th position, we need to challenge that straight away,” she says. “But the players also need to know they have our fullest support.”

She's destroyed Ashley without even mentioning him.

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

This is a great team and they shouldn’t be in 19th position, we need to challenge that straight away,” she says. “But the players also need to know they have our fullest support.”

Think this is quite telling, saying the players have their fullest support. No mention of that fucking whopper in the dugout. Bruce surely sacked soon

That video of Amanda and Merhdad at SJP made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Unreal man. We have owners that want what’s best for the club and the city. It’s going to be amazing watching the club slowly but surely build into one of the biggest powerhouses in the country. 

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Maybe I missed Amanda's husband's official involvement in the whole project. I knew he had been very active, supportive and championing it on social media. I was quite surprised if not taken a bit back when started speaking in the video of them arriving at SJP..and then continued speaking. Seems like they are the going to both be the public faces. 

They both come across smart, knowledgeable, passionate and likeable so far. It's very PR power couple, William and Kate or more Steph and HHH ? The authority is here. B+ players be gone, YES YES YES. 

He’s the real deal, her husband. 

6 hours ago, Danh1 said:

That video of Amanda and Merhdad at SJP made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Unreal man. We have owners that want what’s best for the club and the city. It’s going to be amazing watching the club slowly but surely build into one of the biggest powerhouses in the country. 

The world 

My grandmother died from a degenerative condition and my Grandad took over her business in the end and kept it going for 20 more years, only retiring in his 80s. I know how important it is in that circumstance that you can have someone you trust absolutely to keep things going.

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

Maybe I missed Amanda's husband's official involvement in the whole project. I knew he had been very active, supportive and championing it on social media. I was quite surprised if not taken a bit back when started speaking in the video of them arriving at SJP..and then continued speaking. Seems like they are the going to both be the public faces. 

They both come across smart, knowledgeable, passionate and likeable so far. It's very PR power couple, William and Kate or more Steph and HHH ? The authority is here. B+ players be gone, YES YES YES. 

I thought Amanda looked terrified incase he said something daft.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

My mrs often looks the same whenever I speak tbf.

What's that about? When I think I'm talking smart, I see this confused look, like who's this big baby, and that's just talking to the neighbours.  Its bizarre,  so they all do it then.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-allan-saint-maximin-21804659

Saint-Maximin stated he wanted to see ambition at St James' Park and wanted to challenge for honours but now he might be able to achieve his dreams under new ownership.

Staveley told Chronicle Live: "He is a star. The best thing about this morning was seeing his Tweet!

"It made me laugh after the long days. We want to build.

"We have some incredible players with heart and real skill and courage.

"Yes, we want to make sure we invest at all levels - including the team.

"But we've got to look at the numbers, there are rules and regulations and you need to make sure money is going in at that side to spend it at other sides.

"The Premier League has rules in how we invest and buy our players."

Staveley hinted he may be in for an extension and said: "I want to see more local kids from here play for Newcastle, that's so important. (Sean Longstaff) 

"We've got an incredible history of local players who are giants like Alan (Shearer).

"Sean Longstaff is in the team and is local and I know Matty has gone elsewhere.

It's about building a solid foundation on every level, from the Academy to the top team."

Edited by nbthree3

14 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-allan-saint-maximin-21804659

Saint-Maximin stated he wanted to see ambition at St James' Park and wanted to challenge for honours but now he might be able to achieve his dreams under new ownership.

Staveley told Chronicle Live: "He is a star. The best thing about this morning was seeing his Tweet!

"It made me laugh after the long days. We want to build.

"We have some incredible players with heart and real skill and courage.

"Yes, we want to make sure we invest at all levels - including the team.

"But we've got to look at the numbers, there are rules and regulations and you need to make sure money is going in at that side to spend it at other sides.

"The Premier League has rules in how we invest and buy our players."

Staveley hinted he may be in for an extension and said: "I want to see more local kids from here play for Newcastle, that's so important. (Sean Longstaff) 

"We've got an incredible history of local players who are giants like Alan (Shearer).

"Sean Longstaff is in the team and is local and I know Matty has gone elsewhere.

It's about building a solid foundation on every level, from the Academy to the top team."

Fuck me. Is that another new interview with Amanda?