Amanda Staveley

Paully

Not trying to piss on the parade but Amanda has some health issues and hopefully the stress of managing the club will not exacerbate her problem. We need her to be around for a long while and be in good health to enjoy our upcoming success ! A strong support team will be crucial

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11400215/amanda-staveley-newcastle-model-prince-andrew/

HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE

In 2013, Amanda was diagnosed with Huntington's disease - a degenerative disorder that affects people later in life.

When the cruel illness takes effect, sufferers' brain functions begin to slowly decline and mood swings, memory loss, as well as involuntary body movements are just some of the symptoms she could face.

She was told by doctors that the disease is dormant, but could be triggered through stress and pressure at work.

Amanda discovered she had inherited the Huntington's gene from her mum Lyne - a former champion show-jumper - when she was tested before starting her own family at 37.

"The stress brings on the onset of the disease, and the disease is fatal," she revealed to the Mail on Sunday. And she is the first to admit it has made her difficult for her husband, Mehrdad Ghodoussi, who she married in 2011.

"I have the most incredibly patient and loving husband. I didn’t want to get married when I found out about the disease – but he said he didn’t care, and that we would find the best medical care available."

4 hours ago, Nasdotin said:

Great woman

I’m so pleased to see idiots like this join up :lol: It just goes to show how relevant we are now and have scared other fans are.

Where were they when Ashley’s employees were giving birth in the toilets at work, because they were so terrified of missing out on pay as they live so finely on terrible working conditions? Didn’t see any other fans rocking up then.

Let them all join. Might make a portfolio of their posts so I can flick through them and giggle, whilst we’re passing them all in the table.

She’s an absolute fucking heavyweight, what she’s achieved is astonishing. I’m sure that she’s been the biggest driving force behind this takeover. If this all plays out in a way where we’re competitive and can grow again as a club instead of stagnating then she’ll be adored forever more up here 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/amanda-staveley-newcastle-takeover-saudi-arabia

No jewel, though, has ever quite captured her heart the way Newcastle United did when, almost exactly four years ago, she arrived at St James’ Park to watch Rafael Benítez’s then team draw 1-1 with Liverpool. “I fell madly in love,” she says. “Newcastle’s unique; it’s like a fantastic gem which needs buffing up at every level.”

At the time Staveley and her husband, Mehrdad Ghodoussi, were exploring the idea of forming a consortium to buy a football club. “We looked at Liverpool and it didn’t work but when I came away from that game four years ago I went to our friends in PIF [Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund] and said: ‘This is the only club we can ever buy.’”

“Football’s inclusive to all, that’s the great thing about it,” says Staveley. “I understand and appreciate all the messages on human rights and we treat them very seriously. But I wouldn’t bring partners into the consortium if they didn’t have the right record and PIF is autonomous and independent of the Saudi government. PIF owns Newcastle, not the Saudi state.

“In buying Newcastle PIF are not going to hide and we’re proud of them; we need, strong, brave, partners. I love brave, passionate, people, that’s how I do business.” While Yasir al-Rumayyan, PIF’s governor, serves as Newcastle’s non-executive chairman, Jamie Reuben’s family business will be responsible for investing hundreds of millions of pounds of Saudi money into regeneration projects across the north-east.

“We want to see more investment in the north of England, levelling up’s part of the agenda,” stressed Staveley before conversation switches to spending on players.

Her six-year-old son might beg to differ but she knows a club currently second bottom of the Premier League needs more than mere big-name signings: “We’re in the market to compete for world-class players but we need the right infrastructure. They must have the right training ground, the right medical facilities.” While the 52,000 capacity St James’ Park “needs a little bit more love” the team’s antiquated training ground is arguably in need of pulling down.

“It’s really awful,” agrees Staveley. “There’s no point having fantastic players if there’s nowhere suitable for them to train.

“PIF have great ambition but this is a long-term investment and things take time. To reach the top of the Premier League you don’t just need great players, you need robust, strong foundations – and we have to build them. You need a strong academy, we want to see lots of local lads playing here, that’s huge for us.”

“This is a great team and they shouldn’t be in 19th position, we need to challenge that straight away,” she says. “But the players also need to know they have our fullest support.”

Compared to Lee Charnley... 

“Our pitches are very good, our gym is perfectly adequate and functional. Do we have a swimming pool or water facilities? No. Would we like to have it at some stage? Absolutely.”

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

“Our pitches are very good, our gym is perfectly adequate and functional. Do we have a swimming pool or water facilities? No. Would we like to have it at some stage? Absolutely.”

That really is shocking isn’t it 😂

Downie said She met all the non playing/coaching staff today and they gave her a standing ovation when she left.

She then went to meet the players at the training ground, no shock it was a schedule day off for them 😂 they did come in to meet her though. 

Edited by SUPERTOON

40 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

"No player has turned around and said they will not sign because of the training ground."

Maybe I missed Amanda's husband's official involvement in the whole project. I knew he had been very active, supportive and championing it on social media. I was quite surprised if not taken a bit back when started speaking in the video of them arriving at SJP..and then continued speaking. Seems like they are the going to both be the public faces. 

They both come across smart, knowledgeable, passionate and likeable so far. It's very PR power couple, William and Kate or more Steph and HHH 😉 The authority is here. B+ players be gone, YES YES YES.