Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

Underwhelmed by this. As with the manager search, we are linked with candidates who have worked at big clubs, who could use their experience to bring our set-up into the same league. Only to end up with someone for whom this is a step into the unknown. Unless the plan is to become as good as Brighton in 5 years.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Underwhelmed by this. As with the manager search, we are linked with candidates who have worked at big clubs, who could use their experience to bring our set-up into the same league. Only to end up with someone for whom this is a step into the unknown. Unless the plan is to become as good as Brighton in 5 years.

We've had a bald four-eyed gonk named Lee running the entire club for the last 8 years. I've no idea who Dan Ashworth is but I suspect he pisses all over Charnley. 

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

He was in charge of the England set up, arguably the biggest job in the country.

Reading about him, seems like he was influential in making sure that at England all age group teams work in unison, that is something I would love for us to have here. That joined up thinking is key for the future, if we are to start developing our own players then that path into the first team needs to be seamless

8 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Really good people aren't necessarily at the big clubs every time...

But someone like Emenalo knows how a massively successful club competing for trophies is set up and ran not only long term but also day-to-day. That experience can be useful if we are trying to become as big and successful as them. 

Similar to how Emery had experience of big clubs and winning trophies, whereas Howe has none.

Pity our support has suddenly became the wannabe Man City brigade. 

After 14 years of absolute shite the opportunity is here to build a fully functioning club again and people are pissed off about not having everything now. 

It’s a slow build and looks like it will include a relegation. 

However, after the thought of Ashley being here for an eternity I’ll happily take whatever it takes to be a normal club with ambition again. 

Just now, Sean said:

But someone like Emenalo knows how a massively successful club competing for trophies is set up and ran not only long term but also day-to-day. That experience can be useful if we are trying to become as big and successful as them. 

Similar to how Emery had experience of big clubs and winning trophies, whereas Howe has none.

You've just read he was part of the England set up; does this not change your mind at all? He seems to be highly rated.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

You've just read he was part of the England set up; does this not change your mind at all? He seems to be highly rated.

I'm underwhelmed is all. Not saying it's a bad/disastrous appointment. 

Greame Jones was involved in the England set-up, so that doesn't change my mind no.

It could work out great, I'd just rather we got someone like Emenalo, who by pretty much all accounts was spoken to.

Just now, Sean said:

I'm underwhelmed is all. Not saying it's a bad/disastrous appointment. 

Greame Jones was involved in the England set-up, so that doesn't change my mind no.

It could work out great, I'd just rather we got someone like Emenalo, who by pretty much all accounts was spoken to.

And in some media outlets….he turned us down……if true we therefore need to look elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

Emenalo is hated by Chelsea fans and was seen as a massive failure at Monaco.

Ashworth would be quite a shrewd appointment imo.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A lot of us were expecting a Marc Overmars type appointment (I don't know diff between DoF & TD). To see us go for the man whose club is 13th in the league, is called Dan and never finished in the top half of the PL is underwhelming.

We might appoint someone called Dan instead of a man called Marc or Michael? What a travesty. What is the world coming to?

22 minutes ago, Sean said:

But someone like Emenalo knows how a massively successful club competing for trophies is set up and ran not only long term but also day-to-day. That experience can be useful if we are trying to become as big and successful as them

We're not a successful club and we're not competing for trophies right now. We're fighting to avoid being in the Championship next season and not fighting to play in the Champions League.

That is why those big names are not coming here in the first palce. We have money but our current status as a club is not ideal.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I don't know much about him, but it sounds like there's a few on here who can fills us in.

Precisely. I've no idea of his standing in the game or even what his exact role is. 

It's hard enough keeping track on players, coaches and managers without needing in depth knowledge of upstairs like some obviously do 

On 17 September 2012, Ashworth was appointed as the FA director of elite development.[5] He is one of the creators of the "England DNA", an elite player development plan which aims "to help create winning senior teams, in the men's and the women's game."[6][7]

In August 2018, it was reported that Ashworth has been shortlisted by Manchester United as a candidate for the technical director.[8]

In September 2018, it was announced that Ashworth had resigned his role with the FA, and would take up the post of Technical Director at Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion in spring 2019.[9]