Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

11 minutes ago, STM said:

The Saudis banished OBL because he wanted to fight against the U.S because they were using SA as a staging area for their war against Iraq during the first gulf War. So no, they didn't fund 9/11, not even in a roundabout way.

The last thing the Saudis want is make an enemy of the West and the last thing the West should do is make enemies of the Saudis. We are in a marriage of convience and it isn't changing any time soon.

Disagree, there are still loads of documents waiting to be declassified re alleged Saudi embassy involvement.

Agree to the extent with the last part, but then again they did also chop up a U.S journalist and had literally nothing happen to them. We'll see how that relationship changes if we ever diversify our energy supply.

Anyway, Dan Ashworth eh

Edited by Kid Icarus

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

:lol:

I wouldn’t try to argue :lol:. It’s an overwhelmingly commonly held belief here; all my Saudi friends (most of whom went on to do their bachelors and masters in the US and UK, some in politics no less) are adamant this is the case. They used to show Fahrenheit 911 in Saudi schools ffs.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of reducing the squad size and planning for the long term, that graph is pretty arbitrary. I'd argue Trippier peaked at Atlético and is still going strong now, and Wilson is also at the top of his game. I think the 'peak' range for each position picked there is at least 2 years younger across the board than where it should be.

It's just a plug for another of their articles on the platform. It is mental how many players need chucking mind. No easy task given how little some of them have played/how bobbins they are. 

Irrespective of the specific ages that graph shows, the fact remains that our squad IS too heavy with aging players. Iirc, either Howe or Staveley have stated as such, that the average age needs to come down. 

3 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

ask Cristiano Ronaldo if he has peaked yet at 38 :dontknow:

Ask away. He’s clearly peaked and is hanging onto the last year or two of his admittedly incredible career. Plus he’s a simply amazing genetic athlete who cannot be compared to 99% of other professional footballers in terms of fitness.