Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

39 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I guess Ashworth is behind it. Trust him and by the look of it he seems like a top professional.

He would have had an input but I doubt he’s the main reason. I don’t get the impression that the owners would make such an important hire without a very rigorous process. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He would have had an input but I doubt he’s the main reason. I don’t get the impression that the owners would make such an important hire without a very rigorous process. 

Didn’t we hire outside firm for his and Ashworths role ? 

57 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Thought this was interesting. Waugh apparently had an idea about it but didn't mention it at all

:lol: Love when it a journalist always knew something before it happened, but not quite enough to actually report it. Always so convenient.

Aside from that, I unsurprisingly know nothing of this man. Fingers crossed he's ready and raring to go for the overhaul this club needs.

29 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not the main reason, but they have worked together before and im sure Ashworth has given them advise. 

From the very little I've seen, he sounds bloody perfect.

Ex lawyer, PL experience, worked with Ashworth, knows other owners, has played the media game. I know this sounds daft but he LOOKS like I expect a CEO to look. [emoji38]

Hopefully the guy can get our revenue on the up so we can compete on the pitch.

Seems like a respectable chap that will be welcomed into the big club's cartel.

I was a little fearful that PIF might want their own man (someone with saudi business links / non-football background etc..) just to keep the managing minority holders in check so to speak.. I'm glad that's not the case. That's a good sign as far as PIF's involvement goes. Amanda, Mehrdad and Jamie got this!

Edited by junkhead

I've been bored this evening and done some digging on the exact makeup of the board, directors now etc. Is this correct?

Non-Exec Chairman: Yasir
Directors: Staveley, Reuben, Al-Sorour

CEO: Eales

Sporting Director: Ashworth

I thought Mehrdad was involved as a director too but apparently not.

Happy friday, anyway.

3 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I've been bored this evening and done some digging on the exact makeup of the board, directors now etc. Is this correct?

Non-Exec Chairman: Yasir
Directors: Staveley, Reuben, Al-Sorour

CEO: Eales

Sporting Director: Ashworth

I thought Mehrdad was involved as a director too but apparently not.

Happy friday, anyway.

12 months ago:

Owner: Mike Ashley

Some type of role but unknown: Justin Barnes

CEO: Lee Charnley

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anything interesting?

Reporter calls it a massive loss, Eales was hugely influential in their development, etc. Nothing we haven't heard. Hopefully there's a longer episode in the near future to expand on it.