The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

10 hours ago, Kanji said:

Kit looked good to be me. 

It looked better than I thought tbh, the colour of the green shorts was really striking and set the white shirts off beautifully. I do get the hypocritical protests from the snidey journo's, it's not a great look to be advertising SA, and of course if you don't like NUFC then it's perfectly understandable to use any opportunity to get a dig in.

It's fine, but then we can tell them to go fuck themselves as well. It's all good.

53 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Saw one stupid cunt with a Saudi flag yesterday- him and his equally thick looking mates singing about being on the gear.  I thought that depressing little trend had ended. 

Cannot stand this :anguish:

Picking apart each and every one of the hyper-moralistic hypocrites is a piece of piss. From the lowest level anonymous Twitter / message boarder like Exile (MILFs and teens), to uninvited cockshot senders like Barry Glendinning, through journalists working for the divisive, racist misery press of the Daily Mail like Samuel and Holt, all the way to the doyenne of tax avoidance in Lineker. Each and every one of them is flawed and ill-equipped to be finger wagging and lecturing the likes of you and me, who probably just want a few hours a week of escapism from the absolute car crash of last 15 years that successive governments both home and abroad have foisted on us.

Everyone is hypocritical, that's life.

I want us to be something I've never seen before, winning trophies and playing great football again.

Aye our majority owners country is moralistically horrendous in a lot of areas, however I simply don't care outwardly, there was nothing I or any other fan could do.

Privately my opinion is the same as most, but that doesn't mean shite at the end of day, so now I just want us to win.

Edited by Bimpy474

Water off a ducks back. We're not to blame in all of this.

There's no need to try to attack anyone saying bad things about our owners. Even if they try to link us as complicit. It's just giving them the attention and bites they want.

Also, attacker the messengers just shows you have no valid response to the criticisms, which let's face it, there is no valid counter argument to some of the things said about Saudi. 

Edited by Sean

11 minutes ago, Sean said:

Water off a ducks back. We're not to blame in all of this.

There's no need to try to attack anyone saying bad things about our owners. Even if they try to link us as complicit. It's just giving them the attention and bites they want.

Also, attacker the messengers just shows you have no valid response to the criticisms, which let's face it, there is no valid counter argument to some of the things said about Saudi. 

Agreed. But it's possible to attack the messengers if you think they are cunts, and for me Oliver Holt and Edwards certainly fit the bill there.

The Saudi connection is pretty subtle compared to before having Sports Direct on every corner of the stadium. This is only a third kit we’ll barely wear - imo more a gimmick to sell shirts in Saudi Arabia. Surely explicitly showing adverts to visit Saudi on Sky should be a better target for criticism?

2 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Saw one stupid cunt with a Saudi flag yesterday- him and his equally thick looking mates singing about being on the gear.  I thought that depressing little trend had ended. 

yeah they need calling out , it’s not fucking funny and I don’t like it.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Picking apart each and every one of the hyper-moralistic hypocrites is a piece of piss. From the lowest level anonymous Twitter / message boarder like Exile (MILFs and teens), to uninvited cockshot senders like Barry Glendinning, through journalists working for the divisive, racist misery press of the Daily Mail like Samuel and Holt, all the way to the doyenne of tax avoidance in Lineker. Each and every one of them is flawed and ill-equipped to be finger wagging and lecturing the likes of you and me, who probably just want a few hours a week of escapism from the absolute car crash of last 15 years that successive governments both home and abroad have foisted on us.

Hooray. 

Let's all celebrate the fact that we can easily dismiss complaints about the Saudi regime, because everybody is a twat in their own right.

Guest HTT II
25 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Is this a word I'm unaware of? or do you mean departmentalise?

It’s my own word, it will be in Neil Wornock’s dictionary soon.

21 minutes ago, Collage said:

Is this a Saudi not wanting to shake hands with a woman?

Bumped into a few people post Covid-19 who, like myself, are unsure wether to shake hands or just fist. 😜

Not a problem unless we're starkers on Duridge Bay sand dunes

It looked like a pasty bald bloke to me, not, erm, 'Saudi' looking. So I dont think there was anything in it.

Anyway, see Klopps been spouting again, this time about Scott Parkers' sacking and how its the fault of 'country owned clubs' and not clubs 'with structure' like Liverpool and Arsenal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11160589/Klopp-uses-Scott-Parkers-sacking-aim-dig-country-owned-Man-City-Chelsea-Newcastle.html?login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

:rolleyes:

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Collage said:

Is this a Saudi not wanting to shake hands with a woman?

I doubt it, she’s been seen hugging our owner man and Saudi’s do shake hands with women.

• 1 month later...

I'm happy to see a group of our fans making their voices heard about the KSA and It's human rights abuses. 

What is utterly depressing is the tribalism on show, from our own opposing fans who've interpreted it as an attack on the club.

It's being whipped up by brain dead social media personalities such as Keith and Wraith, who constantly refer to "socislist" or "left" elements of the fan base. 

If you don't like it or don't agree with the protest, it's perfectly reasonable to do so without being a cunt about it. Sadly the nature of our society today means they're almost certainly in for dogs abuse. As for Keith and Wraith, the sooner they're ignored and fucked off from any kind of platform they have the better. 

Edited by The Prophet