Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

If a manger knocks us back then they weren’t the man for us anyway. I guess we want someone who relishes the challenge of being able to turn this shitshow around but also having the funds available to do that. If that scares anyone then thanks but no thanks. 

Edited by RS

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

They've become us after Sir Bobby.

Looking for a solution to a problem they didn't really have in the first place, and getting the answer wrong very quickly. Admittedly 10 games is a very short time to panic with a new manager.

Yup, the team used to be so energetic and high tempo and the chemistry between the trio of Kane, Son and Alli was devastating.

Now Dele and Kane are both disillusioned for deifferent reasons and it's just ca complete mess. It's pretty shocking how quickly that whole thing turned.

Mourinho played a big part in that too. Quite happy he wasn't available when we got taken over. That guy can be so toxic, completely destroyed so many of their players' confidence.

Just now, Rich said:

Seems like it’s narrowing down to:

Fonseca

Favre

Martinez

Howe

Lampard

Presuming the media know anything at all, of course.

Would take any of them aside from Lampard and Martinez.

People can call it bedwetting if they want but we need a new manager in as soon as humanely possible. We're running out of games and if Jones is still in charge for Brighton we'll lose that too, more players out of position, underperformers consistently picked, same shite Brucetastic tactics and subs. We may get the cliché that is the new manager bounce if one is appointed. Who knows?

The side seems to be getting worse by the game, more points adrift by the week, games running out with that aids run in December coming up. Hey ho. It may well be sorted in the upcoming break but the performances v Palace and on Saturday has made me think we're almost certain to go down and the more certain we'll be the longer we take.

23 minutes ago, thomas said:

i'll flip my lid if it's frank fucking lampard

After reading that Chronicle article and the quotes from the consortium, I think Lampard can be ruled out. If after all of their due diligence they opt for Lampard, their process has been an enormous waste of time. They're clearly after a top manager

Just now, Chicane said:

Anyone reckon Conte would've come here at the start of the season? If the takeover had gone through just a few months earlier things could be very different right now :milner:

Just now, The Prophet said:

Not a chance.

??this.

Won't be able to attract his level of manager until we're amongst the league leaders, in Champions League and have built out the squad with much better players. 

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

If we could get Benitez whilst owned by Ashley and in the relegation zone with 2months to go AND convince him to stay on, under Ashley in the championship.

Why not?

Conte doesn't strike me as a "from the ground up" type of manager. Rafa loves that, but it's not for everyone.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

With backing to get in the players he wanted he would have come if it was in the summer. 

Can't see Conte risking his profile on us without any sort of European football or a squad with good and elite players in it. (even in the situation you described)