Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

So strange that people are even afraid to question the new owners or debate their decisions.

It's possible to be both happy they're here and concerned with some of their actions.

Let’s just wait and see what happens first. You don’t have a clue what’s going on behind the scenes. It’s a massive problem taking over a club with only minimal notice, before you get into the problem of trying to convince a top level manager to take over a team 2nd bottom, with an array of championship players. The proof will be in the pudding as they say.

I’d be delighted with Emery. If we somehow do get a top coach for in they’ll be coming in with no illusions of the job they’ve got on their hands.

Emery comes across as a very determined, organised bloke. Just what we need.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Emery would be a huge statement appointment, not your typical appointment in this position so would show they aren’t being swayed by the typical needing a British manager narrative.

Massively excited if we get him.

2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Not at all, I'll question their actions if I think they've done anything wrong.  As far as I can see it looks like they've been here a few weeks and are looking at managers who are really above our level at this point, so I'm not exactly shitting the bed that it hasn't been finalised yet. 

If it dragged on another couple of weeks, I'd be concerned, but at the moment I'm just hoping they get it right. 

So what are your thoughts to them keeping Bruce on for Spurs?

As for managers above our level, nobody truly knows who we're after (that is a good thing from the ownership) but we've been linked to good appointments such as Fonseca, Emery etc but also to Lampard and Howe. I wouldn't say the latter two are above our level.

After taking as long as they have, if it ends up being Lampard or someone of that ilk it'll be so underwhelming.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

It's the state of our performances that are worrying people and it's right to be worried tbh.  Saturday shocked me tbh, they need a new voice to listen etc.  Even Jones admitted that.

That performance and team selection on Saturday was probably worse than anything under Bruce or at best, equally as bad. Some trying to justify it, nope that was horrendous.

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

As for managers above our level, nobody truly knows who we're after (that is a good thing from the ownership) but we've been linked to good appointments such as Fonseca, Emery etc but also to Lampard and Howe. I wouldn't say the latter two are above our level.

After taking as long as they have, if it ends up being Lampard or someone of that ilk it'll be so underwhelming.

Keeping Bruce for Spurs at the time seemed a bad decision, but you have just said how bad Jones is so it wouldn’t have mattered it was Bruce or not for that game surely ?

25 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

So strange that people are even afraid to question the new owners or debate their decisions.

It's possible to be both happy they're here and concerned with some of their actions.

There's nothing wrong with questioning the new owners, but its ridiculous to criticise what we don't know. Given they've been here for around three and a half weeks, its not unreasonable a manager isn't here yet.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Keeping Bruce for Spurs at the time seemed a bad decision, but you have just said how bad Jones is so it wouldn’t have mattered it was Bruce or not for that game surely ?

I haven't said Jones is bad, you've just made that up.

For what it's worth, Jones (who will be I'm charge at the weekend) has said himself "it needs a new voice".

So for the weekend we have a "manager" in place who himself admits we need a change and yet that change is unlikely to come until the following week at the earliest.

I actually think they've put undue pressure on themselves to get this right due to the amount of time taken. Let's just hope they do get it right.

I don't think a point is out of the question on Saturday and if bringing a new manager in before then helps that lets just fucking do it rather than waiting for the international break.

We can't afford to write off too many games.

1 hour ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Wheelie bins are irrelevant to the point you're trying to make.

Our search has taken too long, that can't be argued against in my opinion.

You keep searching until you find what you're looking for. And then you hope we are what they are looking for. At the moment nobody is looking for us. Might be looking AT us, for now, which gives us a chance, but whoever it is will need some convincing.

Let's just hope they do get it right.

We all hope that. But it seems like you’re criticising the current owners before letting them get to the point of making that decision, whether that’s the right one or not. We all wish we had a good manager in by now, but unlike Spurs, we have only had three weeks of ownership and all that entails (which 99% of us probably wouldn’t even have a clue about with how much and what that requires). 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

There's nothing wrong with questioning the new owners, but its ridiculous to criticise what we don't know. Given they've been here for around three and a half weeks, its not unreasonable a manager isn't here yet.

Well, what we do know is when they came in we had 3 points from 7 games with 2 winnable games coming up (Spurs and Palace). They kept a manager failing at his job in place for the first game and we were lucky to get a point in the 2nd game. So of our 2 winnable games we won neither.

The fact Jones is picking Ritchie is actually worrying me that he had a bigger say in the line up under Bruce than we thought.

For the record, I'm delighted that they're hear. I just find it unfathomable that we're going to have played 4 games over the space of a month with no new manager given the mess we're in.

27 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

It's the state of our performances that are worrying people and it's right to be worried tbh.  Saturday shocked me tbh, they need a new voice to listen etc.  Even Jones admitted that.

Spot on.

I watched that shit and wouldn't know Bruce had gone such was the performance.

7 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I would have had Bruce straight out, but I can't say I expected the new owners to walk in and sack him, despite how much i'd have enjoyed it. 

And yes, I completely agree with the last sentence.  I'll be gutted if it's someone like lampard but I honestly don't believe we would look at him, to me it just seems like someone the media are throwing into the mix. 

Like I said earlier, at this point I'm just hoping they get it right and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until its announced and I think some people are being a bit dramatic about it all, but each to their own I suppose. 

Well, what we do know is when they came in we had 3 points from 7 games with 2 winnable games coming up (Spurs and Palace). They kept a manager failing at his job in place for the first game and we were lucky to get a point in the 2nd game. So of our 2 winnable games we won neither.

The fact Jones is picking Ritchie is actually worrying me that he had a bigger say in the line up under Bruce than we thought.

For the record, I'm delighted that they're hear. I just find it unfathomable that we're going to have played 4 games over the space of a month with no new manager given the mess we're in.

Calling Spurs a winnable game is pushing it. We failed to beat Watford, Wolves, Leeds, Aston Villa and Southampton.

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I am really not a fan of Emery :lol: but right now things are getting quite desperate, Spurs fire their manager and on the same day they seem to have a replacement ready while our guys seem to be struggling to get the contact number of anyone decent.

Why aren’t you a fan of Emery ? You mean his style of play ?

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Calling Spurs a winnable game is pushing it. We failed to beat Watford, Wolves, Leeds, Aston Villa and Southampton.

Spurs were terrible with no confidence. Palace walloped them 3-0 and Arsenal 3-1 in their 2 away games leading up to us.

From memory everyone viewed that as a good opportunity for 3 points and yet 2-3 flattered us massively.