Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Before his spurs spell I would have agreed, I just think he looks a beaten man that needs a break for a bit. 

Totally fair. When you look at his track record it's good spells with Rio Ave and Wolves and three underwhelming spells at 'bigger' names. So I could certainly see it going either way if he joined. 

Spurs Sacking a decent coach and possibly appointing the best around instead  within days. Us taking an age to sack a guy about as much use as a teabag in a tsunami and leaving a guy who was head assistant coach or whatever the fuck during a period of the worst shapeless,styleless period in my time  supporting (1989) to take charge  of more than one game whilst struggling to make an appointment is not a good look. 

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It can be argued against, if at the end of the week we end up with a top class manager would it have taken too long ?

What about, if Jones loses the next 8 and we then get a good manager.

So we'd be all but down. Would that have taken too long?

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Well of course it would but there isn’t a chance Jones is getting another 8 games.

So I ask you again if we get a top class manager in this week will they have taken too long ?

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Wey, you don’t need to really. We are a team in complete free fall, the longer it takes the less time we have. 

True, but its only been three weeks. It's not that long when you consider they took over the club with zero notice. I imagine they've had all kinds of stuff to review, as well as making sure they get this decision bang on. Its difficult to say they've taken too long, when we have so little knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes.

8 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

:lol:

So we're at the point of just making up absolute bollocks hypotheticals to back an argument up? 

Cool. 

Wet wipes all over in here like.  

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Well of course it would but there isn’t a chance Jones is getting another 8 games.

So I ask you again if we get a top class manager in this week will they have taken too long ?

So another 8 games is too long but the 3 games they've had since taking charge aren't? 

Is another 4 games too long? At which point would you feel comfortable criticising the length of time taken?

They got their first big decision wrong in not sacking Bruce before Spurs and they're yet to convince with the next big (in)decision.

In answer to your question, define top class? If it's Ten Haag then yes, but it won't be. Fonseca/Favre etc would be good appointments but aren't "top class".

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s not that long but it is in the context of how bad we are at the minute. I know what you’re saying but watching us Saturday it was pretty bad and we need points

I get that and they certainly can't take too long, but if getting right means leaving Jones in charge for Brighton, we'll be better off in the long run.

8 minutes ago, Wilson said:

:lol:

So we're at the point of just making up absolute bollocks hypotheticals to back an argument up? 

Cool. 

Wet wipes all over in here like.  

So strange that people are even afraid to question the new owners or debate their decisions.

It's possible to be both happy they're here and concerned with some of their actions.

3 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

So strange that people are even afraid to question the new owners or debate their decisions.

It's possible to be both happy they're here and concerned with some of their actions.

Not at all, I'll question their actions if I think they've done anything wrong.  As far as I can see it looks like they've been here a few weeks and are looking at managers who are really above our level at this point, so I'm not exactly shitting the bed that it hasn't been finalised yet. 

If it dragged on another couple of weeks, I'd be concerned, but at the moment I'm just hoping they get it right. 

Guest neesy111

It's the state of our performances that are worrying people and it's right to be worried tbh.  Saturday shocked me tbh, they need a new voice to listen etc.  Even Jones admitted that.

Edited by neesy111

Emery would be a huge statement appointment, not your typical appointment in this position so would show they aren’t being swayed by the typical needing a British manager narrative.

Massively excited if we get him.

Edited by SUPERTOON