Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

I think it’s likely we’ll see a bit of Fraser and Murphy on the flanks with Miggy and ASM competing for the #10.

Ritchie will (hopefully) become backup for both wingers.

Yeah I wouldnt be mad with Murphy. Fraser atm, I would be. But if he can get him playing like he has before then fine. If not no great loss imo. Can bin him end of the season.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

I think it’s likely we’ll see a bit of Fraser and Murphy on the flanks with Miggy and ASM competing for the #10.

Ritchie will (hopefully) become backup for both wingers.

I’d rather see ASM on the flank and Fraser in the #10 role - he’s done fuck all anywhere else so might as well try him there ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

I’d rather see ASM on the flank and Fraser in the #10 role - he’s done fuck all anywhere else so might as well try him there ??‍♂️

In that Sky vid, he was talking how he likes his wingers narrow and to be up-and-back. That’s not ASM

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The fact that some people are disappointed with Howe after what you went through with Pardew, Bruce etc. is absolutely fucking baffling to me. There was a point where I'd have had Howe at us. 

He's a very good manager. 

It's not that I am disappointed it's more that I am not convinced he's the man to keep us up.  There is a difference. I actually think he's a decent manager.

I just look at those clips of him and how switched on and motivated he looks and sounds and really can you even imagine Bruce talking like that? He surely has to be able to get an extra 20-30% at a minimum from these players right from the off.

3 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Call me crazy but I have a sneaky suspicion that we might just piss survival with this man in charge. :shifty:

You're crazy.:laugh:

I hope you are right of course. But that crazy talk you are on about is something we have not had for ages.

It's called hope :cool:

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He'll not start Ritchie. All he needs to do is get Lewis playing to the level he was playing for a relegated Norwich City. I'm pretty sure even I could do that. No surprises Cabbage Kebab couldnt. But your right if he doesnt play Dubs, Lewis, Fernandez, Shaar/Lescelles, Manquillo, Hayden, Longstaff, Willock, ASM, Wilson and Miggy, or some variation of, there'll be questions rightly.

I really think we need to give him the room to pick who he sees fit best to carry out his plans on the pitch. It may well be that we see Ritchie start more initially because he knows exactly what the manager requires as far as how the team should be setup to play and so there will be some value in having him out there.

Really hope folks don't get on his back based on starting elevens especially initially. Give the guy a bit of time to figure out who works best for what he wants to do out on the pitch. Besides, to some extent we have to give the players all a bit of a break too, because they can't keep getting judged for their performances under a manager that was only having training 3 times a week, and clearly just didn't give a damn about improving them or coming up with any kind of tactical innovation to capitalise on their strengths.

Clean slate for all as far as I'm concerned, and really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. Love the fact Howe went into the interview and actually mentioned how far below their potential level the team was performing, because I've always thought this was the case. 

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'll be reputational, he put his balls to the wall with Fonseca.

He was reporting that things got to the contract discussion stage during talks with Fonseca, yeah.

It all sounded really promising at one point, and so there's a chance things did fall apart somewhere at the final agreements stage.

We've since heard that Emery didn't like the relegation break clause and so something like that might have put off Fonseca too. Guess we'll never know.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Love the fact Howe went into the interview and actually mentioned how far below their potential level the team was performing, because I've always thought this was the case. 

It was the case from Bruce's first game in charge. No doubt about it.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

A little underwhelmed I'll be honest, but the position we're in, we would of had to have luck on our side for any top manager to be willing to take us on. Good luck to Howe and hopefully he can build a dynasty here. Would be the fairy tale that most of us deserve. Optimistic for the future. 

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Be interested to see how he handles/makes use of ASM. 

His wide men were always such a headache with their directness, pace and dribbling. Could see him really playing well under Howe.

At Bournemouth the likes of Stanislas, Fraser and Ibe were very effective for him, and none of those are even comparable to ASM's abilities.

ASM is going to have to buck up his ideas from a fitness and work rate point though, and if he does that he should look even more effective out there.