Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, Wullie said:

btelOdY.png

League 2 table when he took over, ended up with 46 points which was some going.

I'm a big fan of Howe, as I say. But let's caveat this by pointing out they started that season on -17 due to going into administration.

14 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Aye that’s fair but we have zero creativity aside ASM at the minute and  our midfield is a total joke. There is a risk this can go badly wrong like. I wish his last season hadn’t happened I used to love me some Hollywood Howe :lol:

Oh aye, no doubt. And we pretty much only have 11 players good enough to start. Maybe 12. The team picks itself, or it should. No idea how no one seems to have since Rafa. We need to get that team playing every game, and performing to their best level. Its not a huge ask and I dont think we have the capacity as a club atm to attempt more. It might be uninspiring but I think Howe is equipped and experienced enough to do that. Even with any other manager I wouldnt expect anymore than still being a PL club at the end of the season. So I'm not going to expect more of Howe either. 

After that, though. That's when things change.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 minute ago, GavMcEl said:

don't know how to feel about this appointment tbh, if this was 2 months ago before the takeover and with Bruce in charge I'd probs be delighted...

but with the takeover and current circumstances I do find it very underwhelming and it is hard to get excited  about this appointment....

you cant undermine what he achieved at Bournemouth, taking a club from the bottom of the football league to the Premier League in 6 years is very impressive, and the fact he established them as a Premier League outfit is equally impressive, it is his last season in charge that scares me, they were Terrible, didn't they lose like  21 out of 27 matches ? that's a ridiculously bad record Steve Bruce levels of bad... and he was well backed to with funds, I really can't see how he's gonna set us up to grind out results to keep us  from being cut adrift before we can buy players in January.....

we really do need a DOF/SD/ Chief Executive or some one who has a footballing brain making decisions, because as good as the new owners are, this process has shown that they haven't got great footballing insight, 

never the less I will get behind Howe, the new owners and the team

Mate we can't try out for the Olympic 100m before we can walk.. this is a step in the right direction ( better manager than bruce).. the wheels of better days are now in motion.

1 minute ago, Raconteur said:

Gotta say, after watching those Tifo and Sky clips of Eddie’s tactics, I fear for ASM. 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) with narrow, up and back wingers - unless he can get a tune out of ASM as a #10 :icon_scratch:

ASM could actually use some proper coaching if he wants to kick on and be one of the best, and if that involves getting back and defending he will have to do it. I don’t think 442 in any of its forms is a good idea but I expect Howe to have the sense to look at what he has and start from there. 

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

ASM could actually use some proper coaching if he wants to kick on and be one of the best, and if that involves getting back and defending he will have to do it. I don’t think 442 in any of its forms is a good idea but I expect Howe to have the sense to look at what he has and start from there. 

For sure, I’ve just got my doubts.

As someone said, we’ve barely got 11 PL starters, so picking the players should be easy. Just don’t see how they fit in a 4-4-1-1

What a way to start a new era - appoint a bloke who the old regime would have eventually chosen anyway and who one of our worst starters under Bruce gives a glowing reference for.

The more I read, the more it feels like the new lot are a bunch of bloody amateurs. Yeah, early days, don't know we're born, takes time, trust the process, get behind him, etc etc. I'm finding that really hard so far, they've done nothing to help alleviate the lingering malaise. Even punting Bruce they've made an arse of by taking too long to do it and to replace him.

Expect nobody will like this post but just calling it as I see it. Would love to be wrong.

Just now, Pilko said:

What a way to start a new era - appoint a bloke who the old regime would have eventually chosen anyway and who one of our worst starters under Bruce gives a glowing reference for.

The more I read, the more it feels like the new lot are a bunch of bloody amateurs. Yeah, early days, don't know we're born, takes time, trust the process, get behind him, etc etc. I'm finding that really hard so far, they've done nothing to help alleviate the lingering malaise. Even punting Bruce they've made an arse of by taking too long to do it and to replace him.

Expect nobody will like this post but just calling it as I see it. Would love to be wrong.

Fucking hell, be happy man!

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

jesus fucking wept

Just now, Pilko said:

They took the club over with their trousers around their ankles by all accounts. I don’t think they expected things to be waived through the way it was once the BeIN stuff was sorted. They’ve had to try and get their own people in, their own manager, etc. Within a month we’re half way there.

The fact that some people are disappointed with Howe after what you went through with Pardew, Bruce etc. is absolutely fucking baffling to me. There was a point where I'd have had Howe at us. 

He's a very good manager.