Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Froggy said:

The fact that some people are disappointed with Howe after what you went through with Pardew, Bruce etc. is absolutely fucking baffling to me. There was a point where I'd have had Howe at us. 

He's a very good manager. 

Not often you talk sense Froggy ;)

Just now, Froggy said:

The fact that some people are disappointed with Howe after what you went through with Pardew, Bruce etc. is absolutely fucking baffling to me. There was a point where I'd have had Howe at us. 

He's a very good manager. 

Folk moaning are utter whoppers, end of.

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

What a way to start a new era - appoint a bloke who the old regime would have eventually chosen anyway and who one of our worst starters under Bruce gives a glowing reference for.

The more I read, the more it feels like the new lot are a bunch of bloody amateurs. Yeah, early days, don't know we're born, takes time, trust the process, get behind him, etc etc. I'm finding that really hard so far, they've done nothing to help alleviate the lingering malaise. Even punting Bruce they've made an arse of by taking too long to do it and to replace him.

Expect nobody will like this post but just calling it as I see it. Would love to be wrong.

When I looked at your profile it said Pilko (Member) and I thought, "Finally the mods are putting descriptions alongside profiles!" :lol:

Just now, Stifler said:

Didn’t he agree to go to Celtic but his back room staff didn’t, hence why it fell apart?

Yeah think that's right, but if he wouldn't go to a team like Celtic due to not appointing his backroom staff, I doubt he'd come here under penny pinching Ashley.

20 minutes ago, TwoForJoy said:

Brucie spot on as ever!

When asked if he had held any dialogue with the powers that be about an ultimatum, Bruce told the Chronicle Live:

"It is absolutely the biggest pile of ***** I have ever heard."

Bruce has not held any meetings or talks with Mike Ashley, but is in regular conversation with managing director Lee Charnley.

And with Eddie Howe's name spoken about as the potential next boss on Tyneside, Bruce feels some of the reporting has gone too far.

Bruce said: "Some of it needs to be more measured. I give respect. When I see polls, the next manager and the fella from Bournemouth, I find it disrespectful, I have to tell you. Your paper (the Chronicle) was gunning for a manager that got a team relegated last year."

Howe's name was initially mentioned in a comment piece in the aftermath of the League Cup exit at Brentford, and has since been used in articles about who the bookies feel is favourite to be next boss.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/must-read-steve-bruce-interview-19683863

I want a wor flags banner made with that on it for when he wins us something.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Yeah think that's right, but if he wouldn't go to a team like Celtic due to not appointing his backroom staff, I doubt he'd come here under penny pinching Ashley.

Oh aye, already said that they might as well have said Klopp was their 1st target if Bruce had went.

8 minutes ago, Pilko said:

What a way to start a new era - appoint a bloke who the old regime would have eventually chosen anyway and who one of our worst starters under Bruce gives a glowing reference for.

The more I read, the more it feels like the new lot are a bunch of bloody amateurs. Yeah, early days, don't know we're born, takes time, trust the process, get behind him, etc etc. I'm finding that really hard so far, they've done nothing to help alleviate the lingering malaise. Even punting Bruce they've made an arse of by taking too long to do it and to replace him.

Expect nobody will like this post but just calling it as I see it. Would love to be wrong.

You're completely fucking wrong!!!!!! Geogaddi liked your post.

Was screaming for Howe pre takeover, we've still got the same players as before the takeover so overall I'm happy. The dream of a nicer name was always there for a few, including myself, but I'm happy. Solid appointment and I think he's a really good fit for a club like us. 

Going to Brentford and Burnley now too, howay. :D

I don’t see a problem with them aiming for the stars either. Attracting someone like Conte, Emery, etc would have been difficult at this stage even if we weren’t 6 points adrift. We’ve landed on a young manager with experience in the Premier League, plays a good brand of football and will know exactly what he wants to do.

Just now, kisearch said:

Can completely understand being underwhelmed or against this, but thinking he would have come here under Ashley...howeh.

I can understand being underwhelmed by it (I am after the other links) but not sure about 'against' it?  Looks like he's the man now so he'll get my full backing, I'm hopeful he'll build a solid foundation while we get our shit together.

4 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

The blokes got my full backing. 100%. Can finally fully enjoy the matches again and really that's all I want.

Yeah this is it, like. Course there's some disappointment in me that we didnt end up with Ten Hag, or Favre, Or Emery etc. But our next step up from where we're currently at is nothing more than enjoy the club again, enjoy the games, try and compete and be here in the summer. All of that is going to be work enough. I'm looking forward to it.