Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Bringing in some competent footballers in our weakest positions is paramount now if we're to survive. Trippier looked head and shoulders above the rest today, composed, commanding, good at the back and can make an actual pass to his intended target. More players that can execute Howe's philosophy will make a huge difference. Once we have a new spine we can judge him effectively, unfair to do so just yet given the change he's made so far.

Deserves the criticism for today, no doubt about it. Its one of the worst or most embarrassing results in our history imo. But he picked a strong enough team. That side was good enough to beat a team 4 points from the League One bottom 4. Players need to take a good fucking look at themselves because the attitude from them besides Trippier was absolutely rancid.

I feel sorry for the manager in many ways because look what he inherited.

Something went absolutely rotten at the club from the end of last season. Eddie Howe needs to identify what or who it is and cut it out before it’s too late.

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Deserves the criticism for today, no doubt about it. Its one of the worst or most embarrassing results in our history imo. But he picked a strong enough team. That side was good enough to beat a team 4 points from the League One bottom 4. Players need to take a good fucking look at themselves because the attitude from them besides Trippier was absolutely rancid.

Eh? Trippier was comfortably our best player like. No idea what you were watching.

Edit: misread…sorry.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

Something went absolutely rotten at the club from the end of last season. Eddie Howe needs to identify what or who it is and cut it out before it’s too late.

It would be easier to identify the players not to cut. 

Trippier

Wilson

that's about it. Can keep Max for this season. 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

The club has been rotting from the top ever since Ashley bought the club. We've got new owners, but it's gonna take a long time to fix and things may have to get worse before they get better. Ashley has well and truly left his mark.

10 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

Based on his start he’s taking us down

Shite comment this we were down before he came, we have all waited for January now its here.... He's improved us massively we are still lucky to be 3 points off safety and realistically could have been 1 or 2 points either side of safety if our luck was better

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Shite comment this we were down before he came, we have all waited for January now its here.... He's improved us massively we are still lucky to be 3 points off safety and realistically could have been 1 or 2 points either side of safety if our luck was better

He's a WUM, man. Ignore him.

I don’t think we’ll go down based on how shit the teams around us are doing.

Bit this window needs to be absolute carnage, ruthless in terms of shifting players out. It’s like muscle memory of being shit.. they simply can’t adjust to wanting to be better.

For me it starts with the captain, he’s been a mute ever since the backlash he got for defending Ashley a few years ago.

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Bit this window needs to be absolute carnage, ruthless in terms of shifting players out. It’s like muscle memory of being shit.. they simply can’t adjust to wanting to be better.

For me it starts with the captain, he’s been a mute ever since the backlash he got for defending Ashley a few years ago.

Lascelles needs stripped of captaincy for sure, he's not good enough on the pitch, not vocal enough on or off the pitch and about to be replaced.

We need huge movement this week in reality. As it is we're going to get beat by Watford and they could well then be 11 points away by the time we play Leeds. I just feel there's gunna be too much pressure and we'll crumble though. 

19 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Absolutely agree with the comment about Lascelles. I’d sell him once we’ve got the new boys in. 

If he didn’t realise the job on his hands, he absolutely does now. He still has my full backing because I do think there’s been some green shoots of recovery but today was appalling. He better have them in tomorrow. 

He's made virtually no impact on the squad since coming in. Plenty on this board said "yes the squad is shit but Bruce should be doing so much better with it" - Howe's been in over two months now and we're fucking terrible still. He's the lemon barley water of football managers, an insipid load of nowt and that came across in today's performance.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Pilko said:

He's made virtually no impact on the squad since coming in. Plenty on this board said "yes the squad is shit but Bruce should be doing so much better with it" - Howe's been in over two months now and we're fucking terrible still. He's the lemon barley water of football managers, an insipid load of nowt and that came across in today's performance.

That's a bit harsh, we have improved mind.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I honestly think not a single manager on this earth could galvanise these .

reason? As I suspected they all in the main know they are out the door soon .

Something I feared months ago is plain as day , they know they are soon to be with a new club and have no urge within them for the cause 100% , not all but the majority.

5 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Absolute nonsense! We look organised and have a game plan.  Non of which could be attributed to cabbage man.  The team will come good.