Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

20 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Howe has earned his right to see how far he can take this team, he's had us in top 4 form for over half a season with this squad, why would anyone replace him for yesterday's man? No one is that stupid, right... RIGHT?

JM can fuck off , game has passed him by , new kids in town .

EH

Marca seems to be the one single source.

they havent exactly got a high hit rate for stories being true.

agents playing games and putting pressure on the Roma hierarchy?

and it hasnt really spread other than the express.

not even a headline anywhere else.

think the only way we go for mourinho is if Howe leaves because his family havent settled up here.

they were meant to be moving up after xmas but not sure if they did.

It's absolute bollocks

They appointed Howe, put faith in him and he's repaid it in abundance. They can see the fans love him, the players clearly do too so getting rid to bring in a guy that's been bang average for the last 6/7 years makes zero sense

This would be worse than sacking Hughton and bringing in Pardew, but it's not happening. 

16 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's absolute bollocks

They appointed Howe, put faith in him and he's repaid it in abundance. They can see the fans love him, the players clearly do too so getting rid to bring in a guy that's been bang average for the last 6/7 years makes zero sense

This would be worse than sacking Hughton and bringing in Pardew, but it's not happening. 

Makes less than zero sense. I don't believe it and would be pissed if were it true.

Jose always speak good stuff re Newcastle due to Sir Bobby. It’s nothing new. Just newspaper trying to increase sales by creating something out of nothing 

3 hours ago, huss9 said:

think the only way we go for mourinho is if Howe leaves because his family havent settled up here.

they were meant to be moving up after xmas but not sure if they did.

That would be interesting to find out.

1 hour ago, NWMag said:

I think I have seen/read somewhere that they delayed moving until the season was over 

Would make sense with kids moving schools etc. 

Eddie will have until the end of next season at least, probably the year after unless things went tits up and we were in bottom three in December! Think that would be make or break time for him to see if he was the man to take us all the way or we bring in a finisher like Conte at that point. Would be soul destroying if he was replaced now. Really want to see Eddie and his team continue to grow and succeed. Absolutely want him to be the guy to finally have us lift a trophy.

Nah, you don't do "evolution" not "revolution" with Mourinho. He'll just sign his own players, not bother improving the squad, and won't use any youth players, even if they are a Salah or de Bruyne. That's what history says.

To Mourinho's credit, he is not finished when it comes to winning the odd thing and did so as well as anyone at Man U. It was very Spursy of them to sack him just before a cup final he may well have won for them.

Anyway, sounds like BS to me.

The owners see this club as a long term project, Mourinho for all his success is a journeyman manager who doesn't do long term projects. Replacing Howe with him now seems at odds with everything the owners seem to be wanting to do.

2 hours ago, NWMag said:

I think I have seen/read somewhere that they delayed moving until the season was over 

Realistically, if we'd gone down, Eddie might have got the sack. He'd have disrupted his family's life unnecessarily. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Howe will not leave of his own accord like.

I hope your right, I think 14 years under Ashley has made us very pessimistic and programmed to think we can't have nice things.

Guest HTT II

I’d walk away for good if they let Howe go for Mourinho who is finished as a top manager, where as ours has only just started. That said, these rumours are total bull shit. 

Even if Howe took such a downturn that he's out of the door soon (which I don't think will happen), I'd be disappointed if we just threw money at Mourinho.

Past his prime, complete waste of Howe trying to get the team playing more expansive and would lumber us with a bunch of expensive 30-somethings before flouncing off two years later, leaving us with little FFP wiggle room and no coherent long-term plan.

I don't know why that rumour has generated any discussion at all, it's clearly the most made up of made up things:lol:. And the only basis I can fathom is that our new owners were looking at him when they were first thinking of buying the club, almost two years ago. Cut, paste, get all the rage clicks.