Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

54 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Bruce and Pardew both got us to League Cup quarter finals. Rafa did it in the Championship ffs. It's hardly a massive achievement especially when combined with abysmal FA Cup exits.

Big pressure on Tuesday to save our season in terms of cup performances IMO considering where our ambitions are supposed to be now. 

Would never have expected these posts from you like. Jesus :lol:

Dont get the go at Howe at all. You cant play Bruno, Trippier, Almiron etc every match. Its just not possible. You could say maybe Ritchie is done as player but im not sure Fraser would make anything better. Im more disappointed with the backups who showed they dont deserve more gametime.

I'd  have hauled Lascelles off for Burn being ruthless because he's so suspect and in a critical condition.

Not much can be done with the other dreck. Maybe Lewis with him but that risks a purple.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I was on the coaches back from Luton in 94 and Wolves in 03 mind - plenty were fucking furious :) 

So was I at Luton, car to Wolves, were pissers, but that wasn't my experience. Anyone questioning those managers or players at those times is a proven dick. Probably enjoyed the performance in the San Siro a few month later the fannies.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Dont get the go at Howe at all. You cant play Bruno, Trippier, Almiron etc every match. It’s just not possible. You could say maybe Ritchie is done as player but im not sure Fraser would make anything better. Im more disappointed with the backups who showed they dont deserve more gametime.

I wish I cared enough to dig out posts from people crying about Bruno getting injured when Howe brought him on against Tranmere. Wonder how many people are no berating him for not playing a strong team.

In Howe I trust. All about Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I'd  have hauled Lascelles off for Burn being ruthless because he's so suspect and in a critical condition.

Not much can be done with the other dreck. Maybe Lewis with him but that risks a purple.

So was I at Luton, car to Wolves, were pissers, but that wasn't my experience. Anyone question those managers or players at those times is a proven dick

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t remember anyone calling for KK or BR’s heads - I haven’t seen anyone calling for Howe’s - but there was a fair bit of anger.  Wolves in particular- after coming back from 2-0 down we chucked that away.

edit we did also play first XIs in those games

Edited by TheBrownBottle

I think he made 2 small mistakes, no Pope and no Wilson. If you know Isak is playing 45 mins only, you’ve to have Wilson on the bench if you need a goal. It’s anti-factual to believe Chris wood will score, he’s largely not done for a year and looked pretty poor in the process. 

He doesn’t get blamed for (1) how bad Murphy, Lascelles, Anderson, wood and Lewis were; or (2) the 3 missed sitters (Anderson’s was criminal, Wood’s worse). 

He was right to rotate but he didn’t leave himself enough leeway given how little a lot of those players have played. 

I hope this focuses his mind away from his FFP/injuries dictating transfer chat, which I know is political, but that was incontrovertible evidence that the squad is shallow beyond the first 11, ASM, Shelvey and Targett (and to be fair we were unlucky with all 3 of those being out; the drop off to Murphy, Anderson and Lewis was savage).

as someone said earier, hope he's absolutely fuming on the coach home and they all realise how pissed off he is.

players let him down.

he didnt let us or the club down.

we'll call him out if he fucks up, but he didnt today.

Edited by huss9

5 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I think he made 2 small mistakes, no Pope and no Wilson. If you know Isak is playing 45 mins only, you’ve to have Wilson on the bench if you need a goal. It’s anti-factual to believe Chris wood will score, he’s largely not done for a year and looked pretty poor in the process. 

He doesn’t get blamed for (1) how bad Murphy, Lascelles, Anderson, wood and Lewis were; or (2) the 3 missed sitters (Anderson’s was criminal, Wood’s worse). 

He was right to rotate but he didn’t leave himself enough leeway given how little a lot of those players have played. 

I hope this focuses his mind away from his FFP/injuries dictating transfer chat, which I know is political, but that was incontrovertible evidence that the squad is shallow beyond the first 11, ASM, Shelvey and Targett (and to be fair we were unlucky with all 3 of those being out; the drop off to Murphy, Anderson and Lewis was savage).

Wilson still getting over illness 

Howe will be calm which is exactly how he should be. Never too low, never too high; keep focused on the important goals.

Those players will know that tonight wasn't good enough, but I also think Howe will empathise with some of them - lots of players getting their first proper minutes in a while against a fired up side isn't easy. It's not like the effort wasn't there. Isak's performance is a testament to the importance of getting regular gametime. I think we had to rest en masse, tbh.

Haven't read through this thread today,  but no doubt he'll be getting some shit over picking such a weak team, but there are extenuating circumstances. This game was sandwiched between two other very important games in the space of a week. He was always going to have to juggle his squad so we have to acknowledge that.

That said, he put far too much faith in a bunch of proven losers and he has to take responsibility for that. Sheff W looked a hungry and committed side, and we had players like Lewis and Murphy who just got intimidated far too easily, and some of the other stand-ins just couldn't cope with the intensity. At least now he must know that there's some players who have no business still being at this level.

1 minute ago, RS said:

You play peanuts you get monkeyed. No excuses. He picked a championship team tonight that got humped. 

Which of the three games do you want to get monkeyed in? Can't go full strength in all of them unless you want to kill the squad.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

Which of the three games do you want to get monkeyed in? Can't go full strength in all of them unless you want to kill the squad.

That result will drop us down the League significantly.  Being beaten by a third division team is a massive hit for morale

1 minute ago, RS said:

That result will drop us down the League significantly.  Being beaten by a third division team is a massive hit for morale

You’ve got to be on the windup tonight with these takes in here and the Isak thread 

Edited by LV

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Bruce and Pardew both got us to League Cup quarter finals. Rafa did it in the Championship ffs. It's hardly a massive achievement especially when combined with abysmal FA Cup exits.

Big pressure on Tuesday to save our season in terms of cup performances IMO considering where our ambitions are supposed to be now. 

:dowie:

2 minutes ago, RS said:

You really didn't say which of the games you'd have rested players. Which one?

Sheffield Wednesday
Leicester
Fulham?

2 minutes ago, LV said:

You’ve got to be on the windup tonight with these takes in here and the Isak thread 

Should have put our best team out and won the game in the first 35 minutes. Watch Leicester beat us next week now.