Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

This is how considerate the man is, when he posed for a photo with my boy (well it was the other way round really) he said is it OK if he puts his arm around him and gives him a little chat (he’d won MOTM against his boy’s team), he refused a kiss off me though which I don’t blame him with my trampy beard [emoji38] He’s fucking great and I’m so happy for him just as a person, never mind our manager.

The bloke is class man. Clever as fuck as well, you just know that despite finding a winning formulae, he’s always look at ways to improve us. Armed with money to bring in quality players, I am certain he is going to win us a trophy, and very soon too. 

21 hours ago, Chris_R said:

He left Burnley because his mum died in March 2012 and he wanted to move back home. Sure, he wasn't pulling up any trees there but you need players to buy into what you're doing and maybe that wasn't happening as he'd have liked.

As for Bournemouth, what would realistic expectations be of a club with an 11k capacity in the PL? They finished 18th, just one point (and with a better goal difference) behind Aston Villa. They'd had bad injuries during the season too, plus it was during Covid times and many sides form was different (some better, done worse) when playing behind closed doors. Yes it was disappointing given the 4 seasons prior, but I think there were extenuating circumstances and the only person in Bournemouth who wanted Howe to leave was Howe himself, he never lost the fans, the players, or the board who'd have all kept him in the championship.

Plus many great managers have suffered relegation. Wenger with Nancy, Benitez with Extremadura, it shouldn't be a stigma. But I guess it's our benefit that it has been seen as such.

When Bournemouth went down, was that the season Villa (god I hate them) would have went down if it wasn't for a incredibly rare Hawkeye goal line decision failure v Sheffield United too?

Probably a marker of how far he's taken us that "shit results" we've had are a few home draws against bottom half teams. We'd have lost that game 2 years ago.

Not the worst time to draw a blank with an impending transfer window either. Was like having 10 men with Wood on & the lack of quality from Longstaff stood out a lot.

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Needs to be a bit more pro-active when games are tough.

Confident he'll learn from it mind.

What would you have him do?

Bring on ASM and Wilson earlier? 

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Needs to be a bit more pro-active when games are tough.

Confident he'll learn from it mind.

We battered them in the second half, not sure what more he could have done.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Should have taken Wood off at half time and Longstaff off not Willock. It's hard to have a go though. We need a Maddison type to open up these teams at home. 

We do definitely need a Maddison type of player because teams are going to do this. That said we created enough chances just couldn’t finish.

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Or you know, better subs...earlier subs, he could do that too...

Wilson and ASM are exactly who should've been brought on. Can argue he shouldn't have taken Willock off and Longstaff instead, but we absolutely dominated all 2nd half. As far as earlier, we were already dominating before the subs, so don't buy that argument either. Weird to be laying these points dropped on Howe tbh, he had us set up pretty much perfectly, the players just couldn't finish.

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

We do definitely need a Maddison type of player because teams are going to do this. That said we created enough chances just couldn’t finish.

That's another reason we need that type also as we do need additional goals from midfield. We struggle with teams at home in these type of games. I'm pretty confident that we will bring in one or two this window (hopefully early on). 

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Wilson and ASM are exactly who should've been brought on. Can argue he shouldn't have taken Willock off and Longstaff instead, but we absolutely dominated all 2nd half. As far as earlier, we were already dominating before the subs, so don't buy that argument either. Weird to be laying these points dropped on Howe tbh, he had us set up pretty much perfectly, the players just couldn't finish.

Where did I do that?

Just saying there can be improvements to be made.

Edited by Aiston

Just now, et tu brute said:

That's another reason we need that type also as we do need additional goals from midfield. We struggle with teams at home in these type of games. I'm pretty confident that we will bring in one or two this window (hopefully early on). 

Isak will help against teams playing a low block but yes agree totally 👍

10 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Can't win every game, even Man City had a draw at home today.

Eddie is blameless, he's already got them overperforming, a few of the players just aren't quite good enough.

Hopefully we invest in Jan.

Spot on, the over thinking, panic and fume this result will cause some of the fan base will be ridiculous. Massive perspective needed ffs 

Thankfully, the transfer window is open soon and Eddie will learn today that if he is going to cautious with some of our best players because of injuries like Wilson and ASM like today, we better have capable and similar quality players like them actually in the team to replace them.

On the basis of what happened today, Wood and Longstaff would not be in the team had he started Wilson and ASM and it may have cost us. The signs are there. If we want to sustain a decent push towards the end of the season, another quality striker and creative midfielder would be good. I don't want him to bring on Murphy no more.

Just now, Numbers said:

You can be disappointed in a draw, doesn't matter where you are in the league.

No need to write everyone thats disappointed off as a massive overexpectant cunt like.

Was that aimed at me? Lol I haven’t said everyone, I said some of the fan base will massively over react. Ofcourse it’s normal to be disappointed 

Feel the first half was the worst kind of game for Wood to be playing in as well. Would have been perfect for someone like Isak and also Maxi when we were basically just trading chances. Players without pace just disappeared ie Longstaff.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Thankfully, the transfer window is open soon and Eddie will learn today that if he is going to cautious with some of our best players because of injuries like Wilson and ASM like today, we better have capable and similar quality players like them actually in the team to replace them.

On the basis of what happened today, Wood and Longstaff would not be in the team had he started Wilson and ASM and it may have cost us. The signs are there. If we want to sustain a decent push towards the end of the season, another quality striker and creative midfielder would be good. I don't want him to bring on Murphy no more.

Results like this highlight where we need to improve and we will👍

I thought he kept the players on for too long in the last game even though it was already won, perhaps he could've kept them a bit fresher for today's game but to be honest, we should've taken all three points easily, sometimes you have these games where the ball just wouldn't go in, hopefully we can pick ourselves up and give Arsenal a real game in a few days time.