Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

"Newcastle have now won exactly 100 Premier League points under Eddie Howe (P56 W28 D16 L12). Only Kevin Keegan in October 1994 (51 games) has needed fewer games to reach 100 points with the Magpies in the competition."

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Exactly 50% in the league, 28 wins from 56 games.

50.8% in all competitions, 33 wins in 65 games.

He also has an average of 1.83 points per match.

On 11/04/2023 at 10:15, McCormick said:

Turned off when he said Schar was the worst centre-back in the league pre-Howe.

Genuinely seen this opinion unthinkingly repeated by loads, that Schar was hopeless pre Howe. It's almost like Bruce spent 2 years briefing friendly uncritical journos that the reason schar wasn't playing was cos he was a shit forren soft type and somehow that has filtered through. 

Has Enrique ever talked about Newcastle since he did a U-turn on coming here after the takeover? I didn't see any mention in yesterday's press conference or in today's touchline interview, whereas Howe spoke about how well it had worked out for him in both interviews. Publicly acknowledged what a great job Emery has done, where again I'm hearing nothing about Howe coming from the Villa manager.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Has Enrique ever talked about Newcastle since he did a U-turn on coming here after the takeover? I didn't see any mention in yesterday's press conference or in today's touchline interview, whereas Howe spoke about how well it had worked out for him in both interviews. Publicly acknowledged what a great job Emery has done, where again I'm hearing nothing about Howe coming from the Villa manager.

Nothing that I’ve heard 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not sure who Enrique is, but here's what Emery said recently.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2023/04/unai-emery-opens-up-about-eddie-howe-and-newcastle-united/

3 minutes ago, LV said:

Nothing that I’ve heard 

I don't know how much truth there was in it, but there was talk that Emery felt Howe shouldn't have been mentioned in the same breath as him when we were interviewing for the manager's position after binning Big Steve Bruce. "Who is this Eddie Howe?" or words to that effect.

Needs to drop Burn sharpish. Really weird decision to keep him on when he's been poor for yonks.

Got absolutely schooled today, for the first time in a very long time.

Poor day at the office.

Edited by The Butcher